DLA TRIBUNAL

IVE FINALLY GOT THE DATE, 28TH FEB, IVE NOW GOT A SOCIAL SERVICES ACCESSMENT ON BOTH MYSELF AND HUBBY, MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER HAS BEEN OFFERED HELP FROM CHILDREN SERVICES TO HELP HER COPE WITH MY ILLNESS, IM AWAITING MY CARE PLAN, IVE ALSO BEEN GIVEN AN ADVOCATE, SO HERES HOPING ILL BE SUCCESSFUL

The very best of luck!!! Are you taking an advocate? Karen x

The advocate is meating me there on the day, Im in the middle of writing a statement as is my hubby, as I know well both be nervous on the day, so Im sending those before hand, all we can do is tell the truth, the sticking point again is my gp,the clinical phycholist wasnt very impressed with her not giving me any meds , so Im hoping his letter to her will get her on board as to my problems

Be prepared for them asking “but you could do that if you…” questions. For example, “So you could dress yourself if you didn’t wear clothes with buttons?” (I can’t afford to replace my wardrobe plus my arms are to weak to be able to pull things over my head. For example!) or “So you could prepare food if you had a perching stool in the kitchen?” (My tremor makes using a knife very dangerous. I cut myself badly on several occasions before I accepted that I just can’t do it any more. For example!) They will come up with ways around your problems - they may seem reasonable, but most won’t be when you’ve had the chance to think about it (which of course is hard when you’re there) :frowning: If you haven’t already, think about joining the benefitsandwork website. All of this kind of info is on there. It costs about £20 the first year. Good luck!!! Kx

many thanks for all your help. like you say who the hell can replace all there wardrobe, Im prepared to fight, all i can do is tell the truth