DLA - CARE

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylytis,I already have PPMS,and have sent to DWP an application for DLA care,currently have mobility.What is the cuurent wait time for a decision ,I had welfare rights help with forms.Would I need to appeal if turned down ,is it likely to be turned down .thanks for reading

I put in a review in december and had a heart attack when i got a response in January but with this new PIP thing god knows how baclogged they are. but it could be quite quick i sent supporting evidence to avoid them having to ask for it.

Hi, was it DLA or PIP you applied for? I thought DLA was finished for new claimants and PIP is in it`s place…but i see you already have the mobility component, so maybe that makes it still DLA.

The whole benefit system is engulfed in all these changes.

Initially my claim took 14 weeks…it was successful, but that was back in 2000.

I dont think anyone can give you an answer i`m afraid.

If it was me, I`d give it 2/3 weeks then ring to ask how your claim is going. Dont think it could harm.

luv Pollx

[quote=“Spud”] [quote=Boudica]

Hi, was it DLA or PIP you applied for? I thought DLA was finished for new claimants and PIP is in it`s place…but i see you already have the mobility component, so maybe that makes it still DLA.

The whole benefit system is engulfed in all these changes.

Initially my claim took 14 weeks…it was successful, but that was back in 2000.

I dont think anyone can give you an answer i`m afraid.

If it was me, I`d give it 2/3 weeks then ring to ask how your claim is going. Dont think it could harm.

luv Pollx

[/quote] Poll, I’ve just applied for DLA. It depends on your postcode! Pat[/quote]

Oh right Pat. But i really did think new DLA claimants would be considered for PIP. I must`ve got it wrong.

luv Pollx

I thought it was PIP from April this year too. Wait and see what happens, youll find out soon enough and yes appeal if its not the right decision if you feel you are entitled to more money. If you dont appeal youll be very disappointed with yourself down the line.

When I applied for care I got lower rate, although it now fluctuates between low/middle. Im not applying for a change until I have to, would rather keep what Ive got and then apply for PIP when asked to do so.

Good luck,

bren

x

Your right Poll, new claimants are for PIP the postcodes are for ones listed below PIP timetable The timetable for moving working age disability living allowance (DLA) claimants onto personal independence payment (PIP) has been put back by two years, until after the next election, for people with indefinite or lifetime awards of DLA. From April 2013 The new timetable will begin with a pilot from 8th April 2013 for new claims to PIP in the North West and part of the North East of England. Postcodes affected are: CA, CH (except CH5, CH6, CH7 and CH8), LA (except LA27, LA28, LA62 and LA63), CW, FY, L, PR, WA, WN, BL, DH, DL (except DL6, DL7, DL8, DL9, DL10 and DL11), M, NE, SR, and TS (except TS9). From June 2013 From June 2013, all new claims from anyone aged 16-64 will be for PIP instead of DLA throughout the whole of Great Britain. The only exception will be renewal claims from a fixed term DLA award which is due to expire before the end of February 2014, where the renewal claim will still be for DLA rather than PIP. From October 2013 From October 2013 the following DLA recipients will begin to have to claim PIP: Children turning 16 will have to claim PIP when their existing fixed term award is coming to an end. People reporting changes of circumstances which might affect their rate of payment, such as an improvement or deterioration in their condition, but not issues like going into a care home or hospital or changing address. People with a fixed-term DLA award which expires from the end of February 2014 Anyone who chooses to make an application for PIP, including people who have a fixed-term or indefinite award of DLA. From October 2015 From October 2015, everyone still getting DLA will have to make a claim for PIP. Claimants will be selected randomly rather than by area or age, although the DWP say that they will “invite claims as early as possible from recipients who have turned 65 after 8 April 2013, when PIP was first introduced.” The DWP does not now expect to complete the reassessment of all existing DLA claimants for PIP until March 2018.

Should of said at end taken from B & W website.

Pilot scheme is from April in areas listed then from June it’s PIP all the way, so both of you are correct anyway that ells you what’s what.

PIP was introduced in April only in certain areas - Cheshire, Cumbria, Merseyside, NE & NW England. For the rest of the UK it will be introduced on 10 June - for new claimants under 65 and anyone choosing to apply for a reassessment. Anyone with an ‘indefinite’ DLA award will have to reapply for PIP but will not be invited to do so until at least October 2015. If not in one of the current PIP postcodes you can still apply for DLA -until 10 June.

Hilary