Daughter has MS?????

Today my youngest daughter saw a neuro for the first time, she has been having problems for a long time.

He was realy nice and told her that she almost certainly has it, but will send her for MRI, he said that she has optic neuritise, in both eyes and many of the other symtomes of this horrid desease.

Her also told her that you dont nessisarily have to have leasions in the brain to have it, but you can still have MS without the clinical presance of leasions,this came as a big surprise to me as for the last 11 yrs i have been given the ms diagnosis and had it dissmised 3 times even though i have leasions.

Naturally i am devistated that my daughter is so unwell and is having investigations for this vile thing .

He will see her in 3 months time after her scan, untill then we just have to wait and pray that its not MS.

Barbara.xx

Hi Barbara,

To have to wait for an MRI result for 3 months seems an awful long time to me. I certainly didn’t have to wait half that time on any orf the 3 MRIs I had. Maybe if she spoke to her GP he could get the appointment brought forward? Surely she shouldn’t be expected to wait all that time for something so serious for goodness sake.

Keep your chin up

Suex

[quote=“Basscat”]

Hi Barbara,

To have to wait for an MRI result for 3 months seems an awful long time to me. I certainly didn’t have to wait half that time on any orf the 3 MRIs I had. Maybe if she spoke to her GP he could get the appointment brought forward? Surely she shouldn’t be expected to wait all that time for something so serious for goodness sake.

Keep your chin up

Suex

[/quote] Thanks he did tell her ther was at least a 6 week wait for the mri so she just has to wait.B

I’m so sorry yourdaughte4 is going throug this and I feel for you. I was dx I. March and I can honestly say, the process was worse for my dad who had suffered as a result of his mothers ms. A dx is not the end of the world and we learn to adapt. Thinking of you both, Chis x

Really sorry to hear this - I think it’s a fear all we parents with MS have :frowning:

My daughter was having neurological symptoms last year which sent me into a panic, but it turned out that she was B12 deficient. A different result, but a similar scare at one point anyway so I can sort of imagine what you’re going through :frowning:

The no brain lesions thing is fairly new and not all neuros have accepted it (some still dismiss patients with no lesions in their brain) so it sounds like this neuro is on the ball at least.

(((((hugs)))))

Karen x

Hi barbara, oh I am so sorry to hear this love. You must be devastated. I also hope it isn`t MS or anything else to blight her young life.

Thinking of you.

luv POllx

Barbara - how devastating for you. As a mother myself i can’t imagine what you are going through.

I hope it’s not ms. Its something we all must think about if we have ms ourselves.

The only positive is that if it is ms - she is young and treatments are getting better. It may not ever impact on her life. Does not make this any easier for you but there is hope for the near future.

I am thinking of you both

Best wishes

Teresa.x

I hope it does not prove to be MS Barbara but as Teresa says new treatments keep getting better and hopefully as she is young things will progress very slowly. You never know what medical science will come up with in her lifetime. I know this must be hard for you. I am thinking about you both and wishing you both the best. Teresa xx

Thanks all for your replys,i hope this isnt ms too i will keep you all updated as soon as we know whats happening.

Barbara.xx

my 23 year old son was worried because he has numb fingers and pins and needles. he remembers that was how i started. he looked on the internet and became quite upset.

i told him that there are other conditions that mimic ms and most of these are not as bad.

i also told him not to look on the internet until he’d at least spoken to a doctor.

he calmed himself down and a week later his symptoms had gone away.

he could have slept on his arm or something.

it is really worrying, barbara, and i suppose we’ll always worry about our offspring getting it.

i hope your daughter is lucky and has a less aggressive type if she does have ms.

take care

carole xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx