Constipation Chia Seeds Work

After months of struggling with constipation and annoying irregularity I’ve found the answer, Chia Seeds, they work for me and I do hope they will work for you too.

A very healthy food supplement, measure a heaped tablespoon, no more, sprinkle on cereals, porridge etc. These tiny seeds swell in water forming a gel covered seed, this naturally causes bulk in your gut with outstanding results! They are high in protein too.

Takes about two days to regain a regular bowel movement. Never eat dry from spoon as they can swell and get lodged in throat.

They are expensive to buy but well worth it.

Mention to your doctor first before buying Chia Seeds.

1 Like

wow

thank you margot

i don’t have a problem usually but when i do it’s horrendous.

a wise man once said to me “don’t let the bottom fall out of your world, let the world fall out of your bottom!”

I discovered chia seeds and their benefits a few years ago. I sprinkle them on everything throughout the day. Porridge, sandwiches, salads, even natural Yoghurt. I buy them cheap enough in Aldi, and more.mix them up with various other seeds in a jar.

I have chia seeds, along with prunes, with my porridge every day.

i use to suffer from hideous constipation for years.

the one thing that has made the biggest difference for me was changing bladder medication. I know take 1 mirabegron and one oxybutylin tablet a day which doesn’t seem to adversely affect the bowels. I didn’t know it at the time but all the other bladder medication that I had taken previously was making constipated, e.g., solumedrol, desmopression, detrusitol, tolterodine.

Derek

Hi I am new to this site.

over past few weeks have struggled with severe constipation. I am so bloated I look like I am six months pregnant. I have never had this problem before and it’s getting me down. I have put on a stone and a half in three weeks and clothes are tight. It’s so annoying as we go on holiday a week on Sunday!,

gp has put me on Movicol - 8 sachets a day. Been on these for 4 days now and not much happening? Is this normal and has anyone else had similar problems, with weight gain even and does it sort itself out quick as I need my tummy to go back to normal by end of week so I can fit in my dresses again x

Hi deemehmed,

Welcome to the forum.

Years ago I was put on Movicol to help with Constipation when I started taking Codeine but tbh it didn’t do anything for me personally so I stopped using it after a while but that’s not to say it doesn’t/won’t help others, although I would of thought that they would of started to work by now - maybe check with GP/Pharmacist for advice.

I have IBS and have medication for it so I try to rely on that but lately I have been badly constipated and very bloated with it, I feel like the Michelin Man (for those who remember him) and my weight is like a yoyo at the moment too but I’m thinking that my MS and the extreme heat are playing havoc with things :frowning:

I’ve not heard of Chia Seeds but the others are recommending them so maybe that’s something you could look into but as Margotmay said, check with your GP first about using them.

Hope you can ease things before you go away, enjoy your holiday anyway :slight_smile:

Twinkle Toes x

Hi Margotmay,

Thank-you for the recommendation about Chia Seeds, I’ve never heard of them before but I shall look into them :slight_smile:

Twinkle Toes x

Chia seeds are great. They’re from the sage flower I think. I buy mine from aldi. I add them to my mix of sunflower seeds, pine nuts, milled linseed, all in a glass jar and all from Aldi. I put a scoop over my salads, cereal or into a smoothie. Never have a problem now.

Hello Dee

8 sachets a day of Movicol for more than a few days running is too much. Commonly doctors recommend 8 sachets for faecal impaction.

If 8 sachets on day one don’t work, then you can do the same on another couple of days, but if that doesn’t work, you may need more help to shift the blockage.

Have you seen a bowel and bladder nurse? If not, then you should get hold of the local bowel and bladder service tomorrow and ask for advice.

Sue

Hi Poppy,

I’ve just been on Mr/Mrs Google finding out about Chia Seeds, they come from the Mint family and having read what it says and from yours and the other posts on here I’m going to check with my Doctor about me using them :slight_smile:

Twinkle Toes x