Forum

Comedy moment.

Hello.

To use the old adage “you couldn’t make it up” may well be appropriate.

My wife, Rose and I were having a lovely time in the park when I needed a visit to the loo. Now I was on my Tramper which is quite quick but not that quick. Instead I went in between two very large bushes. Not ideal but better than the alternative. Of course I needed to leant on the handle of the Tramper with one hand for support, But I left it switched on. It twisted. It shot forward. I went base over apex. It was like one of those judo throws. Had my Tramper had self-defence training?Fortunately I had finished and I landed on a bit that was “clean” but muddy.

Thank heaven for the mobile and the passing man with a Labrador. I was back on the scooter eating an ice cream within minutes.

“Why did daddy fall?” shouted Rose. Thank you dear.

Best wishes, Steve.

3 Likes

Ha ha, sorry to laugh at your expense, thank you for sharing. Sounds like you had a lucky escape… could have caused a nasty injury . Have always envied you men much less convenient being female at times like that.

Snowqueen

3 Likes

Oh Steve, this did make me smile, sorry to laugh at your expense, just glad you have no injury.

I agree with Snowqueen, tad jealous of you men when getting caught short…but thats the only advantage… i prefer to be female!!

Pam. X

1 Like

Aw bless but you survived more or less unblemished!

Sonia x

2 Likes

Another apology for laughing from me Steve. You’re right, you couldn’t make it up. Thank goodness you escaped injury and serious embarrassment!! Wounded pride is another complication of ms we all have to cope with in varying degrees. They don’t mention this in any pamphlet though, a sense of humour is a must in order to survive. Thanks for making me smile.

Cath x

1 Like

Steve,

Iv’e got the picture…I’m so sorry i couldn’t stop laughing…and little Rose drawing attention to it…Iv’e had a few moments when iv’e been desperate …usually Lee stands guard.

Michelle x

1 Like

Well done Steve, glad you survived. Had one or two moments with my scooter so …

1 Like

Reminds me of my dad getting his gloves caught in the handles on his scooter and mowing down mum’s washing line before destroying the back door. No damage to the scooter or dad unless you count the damage to his wallet. He hasn’t done it again but the back wall of his shed has had more than a couple of bumps. The scooter has given him a new zest for life, and my mum’s getting fitter than she’s ever been bless her walking miles with him.

Cath

2 Likes

First time I have really smiled all day

2 Likes

Keep smiling Don…laughter is the best medicine.

Pam x

1 Like

Cath, I reckon between us all we could compose a good book oof all our “mishaps”

a while ago while I was in the kitchen, somehow I managed to catch my power chair on the cupboard door, and without thinking, went forward to try to release it …and ripped the door off the hinges!!

I cried buckets at the time, but now I can laugh, another thing my poor hubby had to put right!!

Pam x

1 Like

Nina maybe we should start another thread with “mishaps and idiotic things we’ve done to make you smile” for those needing a pick me up!

Don that’s good, keep smiling. I’m sure you’d be great adding to abovementioned thread, you’ve made me smile many times.

Cath x

1 Like

Oh Steve, I know I shouldn’t but that made me giggle.

You deserved an ice cream after that.

Mags xx

2 Likes