Cold legs

I have terribly cold hands and feet and they have been much worse this winter than before. The left foot i’s the worse and feels like an ice block. I got some lovely thermal bed socks from M&S before Christmas. They have really helped but roll on Spring! Teresa xx

Hi all, like most of you my right leg is the worst, so cold and now becoming so painful to touch,left leg is cold but not quite as much, have now had symptoms where fingers go dead and feel very strange to touch ( not sure how to discribe it really) but it takes ages for them to come back to “life”.

Sue

hiya

my right leg has been frequently purple! i got thermal leggings and they are brill under my jeans. i cant feel it so am guided by colour. maybe worth a try?

ellie x

Hi, I also suffer from cold legs and feet. But not like any of you have described. My feet and legs feel cold but they are warm to the touch. The neurologist says it’s because my brain is receiving the wrong messages and telling me that I’m cold. I am wheelchair bound and cannot move my legs or my arms and hands, so I get cold quickly anyway. I can’t stand the winter. Sometimes I just can’t bear the thought of going out because I have to put so many layers of clothes on. It seems that for me the only way to get warm is from direct heat. The sun is the best. Otherwise, in the winter with those long grey days, if I’m really cold it has to be a small electric fan heater placed near my wheelchair. Once I get warm and as long as the room stays warm then I keep warm. I have plug-in electric slippers which work, wheat bags heated in the microwave which work up to a point, thermal leggings, thermal vests, thermal socks, a really good coat (bought from Go Outdoors), which keeps the warmth in. The only problem is when I go indoors I get too hot and then I am unable to take anything off because I have to be hoisted out of the wheelchair! I get sick of my family complaining about the heat in the house and also there’s the problem of the heating bills which are too high. I only wish I knew a simple answer. Anyone got any ideas? From Sue