Childrens vitamin d

Please can anyone recommend a vit d supplement for a three year old…has to be nice tasting and look like a haribo type sweet. Think its the only way he will take it. Thanks x

Hi i noticed in Asda tonight that they do kids vitamn d drops.

Steph

My daughter is now 4 and for the last few months i have been giving her Halibo orange vitamin D softies, they are pink chewey ‘sweets’ that look like strawberries. Hope this helps.

Yeah ive got them and he doesn’t like the taste! Blimin annoying x

I buy ordinary soft gels for my kids and i pin-prick them and squueze the contents onto their fave food and drinks and they have no idea it is there!

It’s the only way i can get it down them as they are both so fussy!

Hth

Teresa.x

Hi Lisa, I give my son chewy vitamins which include Vitamin D. I checked with my Nurse and she said they were fine. They are Bassetts soft and chewy, from age 3+. I think they come in orange, blackcurrant (i think!) and strawberry. Sam

[quote=“Treek”]

I buy ordinary soft gels for my kids and i pin-prick them and squueze the contents onto their fave food and drinks and they have no idea it is there!

It’s the only way i can get it down them as they are both so fussy!

Hth

Teresa.x

[/quote] l agree with Teresa - this is the best way of making sure they get a good enough dose of vitd3 to protect them. The softgels are easy to ‘prick’ and squeeze out the oil. And if you use the 5.000ius ones - you could just do it every 5days.

I have just started using the drops with1000iu per drop. I put a few drops in their juice or milk with breakfast and they don’t even know they are taking it! X

Where do you get the drops from? X

Hi LISALOU,

I get mine from a local independant health-food store but you can buy online as well.

I use Nutri Advanced D3 Drops 1000 IU. This is the range the lady who owns the shop reccomended - then procedeed to give me a lecture about the importance of vitiman D - like i dont know! They cost £10 but last months!

Hope that helps. Laura x

Thanks Laura x