chest pains

get the results from the dr in the morning from the ecg i had done last week, last time i had it done it came back ok, but the chest pains are getting worse and more painfull, like im being stabbed repeatedly in the chest, i end up on the floor crying my eyes out, it only lasts for about a minute or so, but im scared if the dr tells me nothing showed up on the ecg, the last dr put me on lanzoprazole to stop me being sick when i eat and thought that would help and thats whats causing the chest pain, im on 30mg as the dose has been put up, but it hasnt helped at all, has anyone else had the chest pains? do you know whats causing it? im getting scared now

Hi, Chest pain can be caused by many things, you mentioned feeling sick, gall stones make you feel sick and you get chest pain with that as well. It could be the MS hug but thei way you describe it, it dosen’t sound like it, but I’m no expert or doctor. Have you got any rheumy problems as you also get chest pain with that. The list is endless but I suggest you contact your MS nurse or neuro to put your mind at rest. Do keep us posted. Janet x

Hi, I was also put on lansoprazole after seeing a cardiologist, which my GP referred me too. I was having chest pains, which always went up my neck and into my jaw and teeth.

My mum had angina and she used to describe angina pains, which sound the same as mine.

I was really surprised when the cardio said it was acid reflux.

I am on 15mg, but keep getting the same pains now and then.

Perhaps your pains are the MS hug, eh?

luv Pollx

well went to the drs this mornin to get the results, dr gave me the wrong date, and i have to go back monday morning instead, still cant get the steroids as none of the chemists suppliers do methylprednisilone steroids, so i gotta see the dr about getting a different steroid, this is really pis@in me off big time, its been 7 weeks for the dr to let me take them coz of bloody wonky urine test results and i still cant bloody take them, ive tried 4 different chemists and all say the same thing, so i got to the taxi rank, sat on the bench, had a smoke n just cried, ive hit the point where ive had enough, still waiting for the nasty letter from the atos@er lot

Sounds like it’s been a nightmare day for you, hopefully you will get some help and answers on Monday.

Try to enjoy the weekend as much as you can, don’t worry about things too much, it will be ok in the end.

Hi again, Monday isn`t far away. hang in there, yeh?

luv Pollx

Ok, ecg came back ok, great, dr put it down to stress n that’s it, been to four differen chemists and they say there suppliers can’t get the methylprednisilone tablets I need, so the dr can’t put me on anything else as he has no idea about the doses of other steroids, so he’s gottacall the neurophysiology dr to ask her about what to do, so I’m still without the steroids, gota call the drs next week to see wats going on, so it’ll be 8 weeks since I hadd the go ahead to take steroids but got none to take

[quote=“OwnedByMurphy”] Ok, ecg came back ok, great, dr put it down to stress n that’s it, been to four differen chemists and they say there suppliers can’t get the methylprednisilone tablets I need, so the dr can’t put me on anything else as he has no idea about the doses of other steroids, so he’s gottacall the neurophysiology dr to ask her about what to do, so I’m still without the steroids, gota call the drs next week to see wats going on, so it’ll be 8 weeks since I hadd the go ahead to take steroids but got none to take [/quote] Sorry meant 8 weeks since I got the perscription but over a week waiting to take them n I cant

mine were supplied by prescription from the hospital pharmacy not a normal chemist, is that something you could try?