Cheap cinema tickets?

I am sure that a lot of you know this already, but I thought that I would mention this in case it helps anyone.

I went to the pictures today (“The Pirates with Adventures with Scientists” VV funny ) and while we were buying our tickets I noticed someone at the next till buying her tickets and showing a blue badge. She then signed something and got 2 tickets for a LOT less than we were paying.

So, we asked her about it and we found out that Vue Cinemas have a scheme where someone with proof of a recognized disability (ie their blue badge) gets 2 tickets for the price of 1 (ie their carer gets in free) and, apparently, the ticket they do pay for is discounted (25% I think)

I had thought that Vue might have done something like this before but they certainly don’t make it clear on their website! Dai and I love going to the pictures so this would be very useful for us; tickets are sooooo expensive these days. (Luckily our Vue is somewhere with loads of parking so disabled spaces are not at a premium – if they were, having to show the blue badge might be a hassle; not much of a saving if you got slapped with a parking ticket whilst you were inside buying your film tickets!)

I think other cinema chains might do something similar so it is worth finding out is your local fleapit does the same!

Thanks for that - didn’t know about the disability discount. Vue do a cheap Sunday ticket though - you just have to fill in a form and you get a card that gets you discounted tickets on a Sunday.

Luisa x

The Cinema Exhibitors’ Association Card

The Cinema Exhibitors’ Association (CEA) Card is a national card for disabled people. It entitles the holder to one free ticket for a person accompanying them to the cinema. To be eligible, the holder must receive Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance or be registered blind.

The card costs £5.50 and is valid for one year. You can get an application form at any participating cinema, or download one from the CEA website.

If a cinema is not in this scheme, it is worth asking if they offer reduced or free admission to your assistant or carer.

Cinema Exhibitors’ Association Card website

Jane