busy weekend

My daughter Rochelle has gone in hospital because the growth of the twins has slowed down they are going to deliver them this week she’s not due till 1st of January so they will have to go into the special care unit. I feel completely exhausted, today i had a rest from seeing her and iv’e stayed in my dressing gown all day. Iv’e been with her to a lot of the scans, i can’t wait to see them.

Michelle x

1 Like

A worrying time for you all, best wishes for you and your family.

Jan x

Hope they are all ok Michelle,you must be so worried,please keep us informed

Try and rest as much as you can these next few weeks.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

J x

Fingers crossed for you all Michelle. Make sure that you keep your strength up as much as possible - your daughter and the imminent sprogs need you to be on top form!

Will Frazer be assisting at the birth? I am sure that he would want to - if he is anything like my Goldie he will be very good at demonstrating the panting during delivery!

Hope everything goes well for your daughter Michelle…all extremities very firmly crossed for you.

Let us know how everything goes and try to get plenty of rest.

Nina x

Sorry to hear this Michelle. Very worrying time for you. Try and remember that these days they are really excellent with the care or premature babies.

Thinking of you and your daughter.

Pat xx

1 Like

Hi Michelle

My thoughts are with you all, everything crossed for a perfect outcome. It must be a worrying time, but they have fantastic teams involved for prem babies, so try not to stress, (easier said than done) but you will want to be on top form.

Does this make Fraser an uncle then? Take care and best wishes whizzing its way to all of you.

Pam x

1 Like

Hi Michelle, my youngest child was born 7 weeks premature weighed 3 1/2 pounds and spent 3 weeks in special care unit. He was so small I could lie him on my hand head at top of my fingers bum at wrist end. He had the smallest head I have ever seen on a baby smaller than a tennis ball, he was born withdrawing from heroin( he’s adopted) and just to add to his problems his mother dissapeared during labour to have a fix.

the reason I am telling you all this is that the consultant in the hospital was delighted to hear, that like you we have a large noisey family as he said it was the best stimulation a prem baby could get. He told me to keep him in the room were all the other children were and let them carry on as normal.

he will be 6 next week, perfect in every way with a tremendous capacity for affection and naughtiness. You will be a fantastic help to your daughter, my mother and mother in law took turns calling to me every morning and sitting with the baby on their knee for a couple of hours to let me get some housework done. We were told the more physical contact the better.

i am sure you are worried about your daughter and the twins, but premature babies thanks to medical advances have a much better outlook than in the past.

ann x

2 Likes

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely messages, They have monitored her for the last few days and yesterday decided that she was fine the babies were doing okay and sent her back home, so much all the worrying, she’s come back here to be with us as her house is all packed up ready for her and Lamy (husband) to move…talk about bad timing! shes been looking for a bigger house for months and now they’ve found a lovely 3 bed to rent. They are only going to let her go to 36 weeks because they are identical and share the same placenta. So it won’t be long now.

Ann, your story is so beautiful it was lovely reading about your youngest son, and it makes me feel so much better about our noisy family.

Michelle x

1 Like

Thats good Michelle,you must have all been so worried… bet you cant wait,its the best feeling it really is, when you have your first grandchild,in your case double the joy…

J x

1 Like

Pleased to hear she’s been sent home Michelle. I’m sure everything will be fine. You’ll soon have those little babies to hold. As J says, it’s the best feeling in the world.

I held my grandson when he was about half hour old. I couldn’t believe how amazing it was. Love at first sight.

Pat xx

Hi Michelle,

Ann’s post reminded me that my son was five weeks early and like Ann’s baby I could fit him in my hand,he was four lbs …he has been very healthy throughout his life…he is now the ripe old age of 44 with four children of his own!

thinking of you,

Nina X

1 Like

Hello Michelle.

Sounds like a real whirlwind of emotions and expectations. I’ve got my fingers crossed for you.

Steve. x

1 Like

Good news, Michelle. Hope the stress levels are diminished now! Take care

Kev X