Bowel problems

Hi all

ive been using Qufora bowel wash out system for a while but now finding I’m having accidents as the stool is very loose (I use 1 movical a night - have tried cutting then get constipated). Part of the problem is whenever I had an extra need to go my partner (of 16 years who has recently left) would help. I’m now in the care system so if a carer isn’t due in … well there you go.

the continence team can’t obviously organise tests with what’s going on but suggested I combine movical use with Imodium (this worked for me when I knew I was going to have an accident the other day and my friend suggested it and got some- voila no accident tho I then felt mildly bunged).

can anyone on this system of combining laxatives with Imodium/loperamide let me know how they manage when to take them? I’ve been taking one movical at night for years, emptying bowel in morning.

Thank you!

indiepop

When you say tried cutting do you mean cutting out completely or just cutting down amount of movical you use?

I use laxido, same as movical, and it took a while to get right. Didn’t help a few relapses at the same time complicating it. I eventually got settled at around 3/4 of a sachet, 3 teaspoons. Can still be a bit loose at times so I always wipe when ever I P as that’s usually when anything may seep out.

Never tried combining so can’t comment on that I’m afraid

I have been using Peristeen for a few years now. I have found when constipated, I’d take half a sachet of movicol that evening does the job. Too much 1 sachet would have me cr@pping through the eye of a needle! Of course diet has effects.

I can only suggest modifying movicol?

Thank you - I’ve tried cutting too. Oh well! X

Do you find you’re ‘double dipping’ as in nothing comes out so you put in another load of water? I’m wondering if this is moving more down and causing some of the problems. I do it whe nothing comes out. X

Hi

If I have no luck with 1st Peristeen catheter I’ll just repeat the whole process. The motions may be higher up in the colon therefore added water stimulates the bowel for motion to pass. If no luck contact Bladder & Bowel nurse in your district.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was wondering. Same.