Been out partying :D

Well MrsH,that worked.I apologise for stating the bleedin’ obvious,but that MrsR knew her business and poor Dustin had a lot of growing up to do,and not just 'cos he’s a touch devoid of stature.I’m back to cars again because the Alpha Romeo in the film is one of the prettiest of all time.I qualify as one of Clarkson’s Petrol Heads having had four Alphas.

There is an appraisal of my psyche in all that twaddle somewhere

Wb x

Yep…Freud would certainly have something to say…

Wasn’t he the bloke with the Minced Morsels ? We appear to be hijacking a post about partying and high heels.

Wb x

Yes but it is good fun hijacking and keeping me entertained!

The saying of big reving engines and all that???

OK Vince,hello and just for you,something Clarkson said when comparing the Ferrari 458 and the new Maclaren 45-67adf etc etc,“The Maclaren is like a pair of tights and the Ferrari is like a pair of stockings.They do the same job,but…”

One of the best analogies ever and doesn’t that combine some of the best …

Apologies girls,please get back to tales of cavorting,and Schoey…BRAVO

Wb

Well, I turn my back for 24 hours and look what happens!! My thread is suddenly full of innuendo

I’m building up a mental profile of you Woblyboy. Could it be that with all the talk of fast cars you are compensating for something? :wink:

Nice to see Mrs H was doing her best to keep you in line!!

Schoey - Well done you, I did think I might have to take my stick on to the dance floor and I would have too if necessary but as there wasn’t too much dancing needed I managed to leave it behind. If I need a wheelchair one day I am sure it won’t stop me dancing!

Tracey x

Hi Tracey I boogie in my wheelchair…in fact he’s called George… In honour of George Michael’s song, Freedom !! Xx

Ps…it would take a braver woman than I, to keep Wb in line. He’s incorrigible in a magnificently, wicked way !!

Hi Tracey,I’m compensating for the fact that I haven’t got a fast car anymore,or even a licence .After 30 years of driving,more than half professionally I surrendered my licence 'cos if ever I thought I wanted it back I could try.

MrsH tried and even joined in,so no doubt the Sisterhood will be ‘avin’ a word.You’re right about the wheelchair and dancing,'cos three years ago me and the incumbent celebrated our 100th birthday.I was wobbly,half cut and in the usual plight,but we managed a Slowy.Then we had a dance

Wb x

Mrs H - love the name of your wheelchair! I’m going to have to think of a good name for my newly acquired stick now, any suggestions?

Wb - Fair enough. I may not have a car after tonight . My 19 year old son has borrowed it for the evening as his car is with my mechanic brother (again). He is just discovering the joys(!) of owning an older car lol. I shall be like a cat on a hot tin roof all night until he is home. I need the car as I cannot manage the short walk to work at the moment even with the stick.

And Mrs H is right, you are incorrigible but you brighten our day .

T x

How about Freddie (Mercury)…“The Show Must Go On” Or Gloria (Gaynor)…“I Will Survive” Or Mark1 (Mark Knopfler) …“Today is Ok” Xx

Great news! Since my first brush with ms I’ve moved house,moved my horse, started rock climbing and had a go at sailing. I plan to paint the town red this weekend :slight_smile:

High Tea, you are a brave lady lending your car out, but the lad knows that if he even breathes whilst he’s in it,he won’t be borrowing it again.Thank you and MrsH for the plaudits,and I wonder if there is a Post in the names we have for the gear we use every day.We could do with having a wheel chair Roller Disco

My newly acquired power chair is Davros as in the leader of the Darleks.'Spose it’s more appropriate when I’m sitting on it and it is a shame that the sink plunger is bust…Don’t ask

Wb xx

ps Oh, a name for a stick…Insect

My stick will be named … Gloria! Thanks, Mrs H! It looks like a Gloria as it’s a pretty red floral stick and I will survive (I still love that song even though it is flogged to death in every karaoke session). I didn’t want a boring plain one.

Wb - I don’t mind if son expels air from the right end ;-)! And now I shall picture you as Davros, are you as wrinkly as him too?

Humbug - welcome to the conversation. I moved house last year too. I don’t fancy rock climbing, it was exhausting enough moving house! Painting the town red is my idea of fun and, as we are all proving, you don’t need to be all that mobile to do it! Some of my friends are now in their 60s and we often joke about having races through the town on mobility scooters in future years - I think we are going to grow old dis-gracefully!

T x

Back on the stick theme,what about Lollipop? As for Davros and wrinkles, I do love you girls…He was only the most evil thing in the Universe but the appearance of his skin is of foremost consequence.Actually for my advancing decrepitude I’ve been told I look alright.I put it down to bulk intake of wine gums and all the gelatin therein.

Well in Humbug,exciting stuff.I can’t walk,blah blah,but nobody has told me that I’m not still a climbing instructor,and still know it is a brilliant sport suited to all abilities and aspirations.Enjoy.

Wb xx

“but we managed a Slowy.Then we had a dance.”

That so funny. I can’t stop laughing. Brilliant. :slight_smile:

Naming a stick is a good idea. My great grandad had a stick and when he got it first he named it Charlie Baker. No idea why. Then he passed away and my grandad needed a stick who was also called Charlie Baker.

If I ever need a stick I already have a name for it

Tracey - you missed a trick! Weren’t there at least a couple of hunky young men at that party? One on each arm and you could have glided your way through that dance :slight_smile: They would of course have had to alternately give you full support (aka a cuddle) on each kick too :slight_smile:

Karen x

Oh, Karen, why didn’t I think of that at the time?! I must remember that for future parties … it could be the way to pick up a toy boy … or two :wink:

Wb - I’m glad you are wearing better than Davros. They say you are what you eat so that makes me a chocolate bar and jelly beans :wink:

Btw my car came back safely in one piece albeit very late at night. Son was surprised to find me still awake although I was in bed resting. I pointed out that I couldn’t get to sleep until I knew my baby was home safely and he was beaming at that news until I explained that I meant the car!!

Tracey x

Aaah,come on Chocolate J Bean,you were happy to get them both back,but only one of them being full of chips must have been important.I wonder what/who Davros eats? Chewing Midget Gems is the only exercise I get and I need to ‘Carb up’ for that.

Wb x