Forum

bedtime

Now this post`s title doesnt mean anything raunchy…so calm down anyone who thought it might!

I will soon be heading for my bed. I am usually in mine for 6pm ish.

I get up around 9.15am when my lovely Bev comes to sort me out for the day.

In a morning I faff about with the washing, then i might do a little dusting and plump up the cushions, which have been squashed to within an inch of their lives, by hubby. The sofa cushions are a nigthmare and never look nice if folk sit on the sofa.

What are sofas for? Well theyre not for chuffin squashing and looking all dishevelled, that`s for sure!

I want a new sofa…one with fixed backs like me mum had, but all the affordable ones are loose backed. Ive never actually sat on this one, cos its so low and itd take a Mc Alpine crane to hoist me up! My ceiling hoist doesn`t go that far!

Anyroad, I am going off at a tangent somewhat!

After lunch I sit in my recliner, natter on here, watch a bit of stuff like Escape to the country…itd be no chuffin use to those of us who haven`t got a car. Buses are every other Thursday, in the summer and non existant in winter, eh?

After tea, all beautifully cooked and served by Mr Polly…I never was a good cook…my sister tells a tale which I dont agree with…when I first got married…hundreds of years ago now…she said I put a whole fresh cabbage in the oven and wondered why it wouldn`t cook!!! As if!

So after tea I`m off to bed. It can take an hour to complete this task sometimes, depending if my bowels are playing nicely…then I truly relax. I always breathe a sigh of relief.

I`m in bed, hooked up to a 2Litre wee wee bag, I have removed my restrictive clothing, got my feet on a stout pilllow, to stop my heels hurting so much, with my nightie resembling a hospital gown (I have discovered that if I cut nighties up the back, they cant bunch up under me, causing pressure pain) and there I am… leccy bed in exactly the right position, air mattress quietly whirring away, ensuring I dont get pressure sores, water bottle and on Saturday nights, a bar of Dairy Milk choccy…what more could anyone want?

What does your bed mean to you?

luv Pollx

My bed is my safe place - where I feel no one can get to me. I can cry and let out all my fears that I can’t show to the people I know care about me because I don’t want them to worry. My bed is my special place. I now can sleep in the day all snuggled in the bed not feeling guilty that I should be up doing something as I am young and shouldn’t need to sleep in the day. Knowing a little sleep can help me achieve something else in that day if my body will allow otherwise spend the whole day there.

My bed is my favourite place in the world. It feels like a nest (only without itchy twigs and stuff). When I get into bed I can feel my whole body relaxing.

And that’s where I’m going right this minute… to my lovely bed.

Hope you have a good night Poll,

Love Pat x

Mine’s the most comfortable place. Unless I have restless legs or spasms. But even then,I’d rather be in bed having them.

I’m afraid I don’t like my bed anymore which is why I’m still up on my laptop lol. Just can’t get comfortable no matter how I try, I wake up more tired then when I went to bed. Loved reading about your bedtime though poll, made me smile. I have a very comfy leather recliner chair though…enjoyed a yummy chocolate flake

its my snuggly place - my reading place - I’m very pround of my bed, its a metal frame and it was meant to be built by two people and I did it all myself. Anyone would think I’m a qualified engineer - oh wait, I am!!!

But saying all that once I waken in the morning I can’t lie in bed too long. I can do an hour reading maximum after I waken but thats it. But late at night I could lie in bed and read for hours, which I tend to do too often and then end up late for work and spending the afternoon half asleep. Why does work have to cut into my reading time so much!!!

Does Daily Milk taste nicer in bed Poll hun?

JBK xx

Lovely listening to how much you all enjoy your beds…except for poor Blossom. Have you got a leccy bed hun? I got mine via an OT, do you think you could? The head, knee, and foot raisers make mine so cumfy.

yes JKB, choccy defo tastes better in bed.

I`ve just noticed summat odd…

Blossoms reply came in at 12.20am and yours came in afterwards at 11.38 am. How`s that happen?

luv Pollx

Hi, I know I’ve said this before on here, but I had my bed made bespoke by Abberley Adjustable Beds last year, and it`s the comfiest bed I’ve ever slept in. My side also had vertical lift so it’s easier to get out of bed. It might sound extravagant, but because they’re a small, family business it’s much cheaper than going to a normal bed shop, plus you get something that resembles a normal bed, not the hospital single bed you’d get from Social Services. I love going to bed early and listening to Planet Rock on the radio. I can’t stay in bed once I wake up in a morning, partly because I get too hot and partly because as soon as I wake up I need a poo and need to get to the loo ASAP. Heather

[quote=“Boudica”]

Lovely listening to how much you all enjoy your beds…except for poor Blossom. Have you got a leccy bed hun? I got mine via an OT, do you think you could? The head, knee, and foot raisers make mine so cumfy.

yes JKB, choccy defo tastes better in bed.

I`ve just noticed summat odd…

Blossoms reply came in at 12.20am and yours came in afterwards at 11.38 am. How`s that happen?

luv Pollx

[/quote] Hello Poll. My 12.20am is the one after midnight, and that’s all I’m saying on the subject…I’m confused enough lol I’m waiting to be seen by ot and physio. I think my problems are more to do with the psoriatic arthritis getting worse rather than ms but who knows…I don’t. Would love a bed like yours, maybe a single one to myself. My husband would probably get a better nights sleep as well. My gp told me off in a nice way for not seeing her enough…that’s refreshing yes? I grew up in a time when if you fell, barring a broken limb you just got up and carried on. Hate losing my independence. Think I may have another chocolate flake today