Balance problem

Hi I’m undiagnosed and waiting for MRI scan etc, had blood tests all normal I do have many of the symptons shared amongst those on the forum, from burning, tingling, muscle twitches, numbness,spasticity in feet which makes them stiff and seems to be the most enduring sympton which makes me limb after a short distance of walking, these have all been progressive over a period of time. The point I’m finally getting to is --my balance is good could this be because my legs feel so stiff (although weak ) Also my hand co-ordination is ok too. Does this mean unlikely to be ms . I did have brisk reflexes that neuro commented on. I got to say I feel pretty yuk not helped by my great uncle (91) who I care for took an overdose this week while I was staying over with him like I regularly do. After 23 hours in a&e he is on a ward. They want to section him because they think he will try again. So needless to say he feels more yuk than me.

I Metherapy, what a rotten time you are having.

People with MS all experience different symptoms and not everyone has balance problems. It’s no wonder you feel stressed out right now but nobody can tell you if you have MS until the MRI scan results come in. Luckily you are already on the way to finding out what is causing your symptoms.

Sorry I know it’s very frustrating waiting for the tests and results.

I hope things with your great uncle improve soon. It’s very stressful for you. Try to find some time to relax (in fact some 'Me Therapy!)

Take care and hope you have the MRI and some answers very soon,

Pat x

Hi pat I really appreciate your reply, it’s been another day at the hospital to see my uncle, he seems very confused. Of course I’m a traitor for tricking him into hospital!! I had to laugh although really it is quite sad. Still my work load is significantly reduced at the moment while the good old nhs look after him. I am glad pat you said not everyone as balance probs to begin with at least, because I feel I have so many of the other symptons. It is strange how your almost wishing something on yourself that you don’t want. I experienced this when I was seeking a diagnosis of autism for my son, i wanted the diagnosis but so upset when he got it. Having said that he has excepted it himself and knows how to get the best out of life and so he’s excepted his limitations which has allowed him to excel in other areas. I suppose I would rather have ms than all the continuing symptons but no explanation. I’m a positive person but would find it difficult if I was left in limboland and I can see from the forum that’s an overriding feeling of many. It’s good to talk thanks again I have read many of your post and found them helpful. Jo

goodness me Metherapy, you have so much to deal with. I appreciate what you are saying about needing an explanation about your symptons, I hope you find them for yourself. When you have such a busy life, knowing the reason why you have your symptoms will allow you to shelve them and carry on. Not sure if thats good or bad, so I hope your responsibilities become easier to deal with.

takecare

x

Thank you , things look like they may get a little easier soon as uncle is going to a veterans home for the blind for some rest bite and see if they can encourage him not to give up yet. Hit a metorphorical wall this week, so It couldn’t have come at a better time for me. Onwards and upwards thanks for your support.

Thank you , things look like they may get a little easier soon as uncle is going to a veterans home for the blind for some rest bite and see if they can encourage him not to give up yet. Hit a metorphorical wall this week, so It couldn’t have come at a better time for me. Onwards and upwards thanks for your support.