Audiological Scientist !

Well, I finally have an appointment for vestibular tests on 4th October, it’s being done by the Head of the Audiology unit at Brighton Hospital who is an Audiological Scientist, not sure what that means but i’m really hoping that they will come up with a reason for my severe dizzyness. Got to have a 4 different tests which will take about 3 hours, so sound like he is going to be thorough It#s getting quite urgent now, my balance has really deteriated and i am falling/stumbling almost constantly and probabaly not going to be able to go out on my own for much longer Anyone else suffering badly from vertigo and balance problems lokk up Uncompensated Labarynthitis,it was a bit of a eureka moment for me, I could have written the list of symptoms myself and for me so far, seems to be the most likely condition if not MS. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Hi Bunnythecat, I wish you all the best with that. One of my main symptoms is a constant but fluctuating dizziness, though not as bad as yours. I’m wobbly from time to time but haven’t (touch wood) had a problem with actually falling. Tripping and bumping into things and people, yes. My GP is sending me to the neuro before the ENT specialist. I’m guessing that an Audiologist is simply a medical professional who focuses on the ear and all that entails? May you find answers and relief soon x

Hi Bunny

That’s great. Glad you don’t have to wait too long for the tests (it’s the waiting that gets to us eh?).

All sounds very interesting. Let us know how you get on. I am off to google uncompensated labarythitis!!

Angela xx

Just googled it. Eeuuuchhh. Bunny, Have some mahoosive hugs from me ((((((((((()))))))))) xx