At my wits end!

Hello All, Wondering if anyone can help me. Ever since I had a bad cold in June I have had a range of symptoms, some have subsided: Burning mouth and eyes (gone) Left had numbness/tingling (gone) Burning in nose Hypersensitive smell On and off tingling of nose On and Off Nasal congestion Dry feeling in nose Pressure pain in nose Tingling sensations on left side near nose I constantly have symptoms and these are really making me depressed as it is all I worry about. I worry that it will never go and im stuck like this or that I have cancer etc. I’m due to see the ENT on 30th Sept but it’s been going on for so long now and I just don’t know how much more I can take! Can anyone relate at all because I just want to know what’s happened :frowning: Thank you for taking the time to read

Hi Honey sorry to hear you are going through this. Infections can trigger relapses including viral infections and not just UTI’s. Infections can also trigger MS symptoms.

I can understand how you feel. Worrying, anxiety and stress may all aggravate your symptoms and I know it’s so hard to stop yourself worrying. Are you doing anything such as meditation, tai chi or something relaxing and getting enough sleep? It’s so important to be kind to your self so the body can recover.

xx

1 Like

I was in pain yesterday evening and found this guided pain management meditation on the web. I closed my eyes for the meditation and It helped ease some of the pain.

xx

hiya honey

i suggest that you find some way of coping longterm cos it will be the worry/anxiety that beats u/messes with your head-not ms.

sorry if that sounds harsh but there is help out there if you choose to address/seek it. meditation. cbt. posting on here!

calm, make cuppa find something to smile at…whilst typing this i have watched birds trying to get in tiny hole in wall!

take care-u will get through this episode.

ellie

1 Like

Thank you all for your posts. I’m waiting on high intensity cbt and also going on a long term illness course to learn relaxation and coping exercises. I know the anxiety and stress are making things worse as the very few times I have been distracted I haven’t even noticed any symptoms at all but then as soon as I’m not completely distracted they started again! I’ve had episodes of anxiety since I was a young teen but I haven’t felt this bad in a long time :frowning:

Hey honey. Haven’t been on the site for long time, so looking at the old posts. Have you tried mindfulness? Really good for relaxation. Try to get referred for an 8 week course. I did. Made me feel a lot better. :slight_smile:

Hello Welshboy, I have heard of mindfulness and understand it a little, I do the mindfulness colouring books which I find brilliant. I haven’t seen any courses around near me though. Was the course expensive? x

Hi. I was referred by my GP. It was an eight week course. You can do it on your own at home.

I use Mark Williams ‎Mindfulness Meditations With Mark Williams by Mark Williams on Apple Music. I use the 2nd track.

Until you learn the technique, count to four on the in breath and out breath. So that your mind is clear of any thoughts.

I haven’t done it for a while, I should do. I’ll do it tonight. It is more than a relaxation technique. It’s about learning to break your mental bad habits i.e. your automatic negative thoughts. That is, if we are very anxious and something bad happens, our automatic response is that something else bad is going to happen, because that’s what’s happened in the past. Mindfulness helps you to break this cycle, so that the Mindfulness becomes the automatic response rather than the negative thoughts. It’s incredibly powerful once you have learnt the technique.

I hope that this helps.

Adrian. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much Adrian. I will defiantly look into mindfulness and I can completely relate to the automatic thought processes especially the negative ones. Thank you again x

1 Like

I’ve had a bad infection or cold as i thought for about 3 weeks now - Dr has gave me a course of antibiotics for the next 7 days because i was starting to feel very down, so hopefully get this all cleared and back to normal but the old SAD may kick in for the winter.

Hi Redman.

I find that cinnamon, Omega 3 and St John’s Wort really helps with my mood. I’ve been taking SJW for 7 and a half years now, HRI Good Mood. I came off it once and got very depressed.

Adrian

Hope you feel better very soon Redman (hugs) I did used to take st John’s wort at times but I can’t now as I have epilepsy due to an lesion on my temporal lobe. I’m seeing an ent doctor tomorrow morning and hoping to get some kind of answers to what this all is x

1 Like