at last a proactive gp..wahey..!! :_)

Hey evryone…yes I have been lucky today to see a very thorough and proactive GP…we covered everything over the last 7 wks eyes/ON etc…arm weakness…etc…and she agrees I should be refered to see a neuro…(its been 14 yrs since I was assessed in any way neuro or otherwise…)so she is looking into that for me…she is also going to fax the eye neuros today…and ask if they can see me before the 30-th. march…shes not hopeful but will enlighten them on the other probs I have been having…worth a shot she felt… Arm still not great re arm weakness…and now have pain in shoulder and stiffness…shes not sure if i may have a rotator cuff problem too…so its back to the physios to look at that and see whats what…and they were really good re my neck in 2010…

a positive appointment!! my eyes are pants…I feel like pants…but at least things are moving forward with her help!!

hehe…:_0

I am so pleased for you. AT LAST things are moving forward and a positive consultation.

Poor eyesight and constant pain is very draining but at least now you know you are going to see someone and hopefully will get some answers.

Worth keep fighting eh

All the best Pip

Karen x

Thanks Pip and Karen…will wiat and see now…in meantime visual team of social services are going to come out and give some advice re kitchn, safety/cooking etc and also some tips for when out on my powertrike at dusk/dark…as am feeling a bit vulnerable re sight…my car has gone back to motability but it could be 6 wks before I get the mobility allowence to me…and really could do with it now…!!! In time I hope to go back on the scheme…and have my eye (lol)on the mercedes B class…cant test drive till sight is better…

Emx

The best change I made to the kitchen was to have a 5 ring hob with the stand you put on the middle one to put a wok in.

It holds the wok firmly so you can throw everything in and stir it one handed.

When my sight and judging distances goes to pot I can still cook a meal…I throw in straight to wok rice or noodles and no one ever knows the difference.

You will be amazed by the gizmos the vision people have and even if you dont need things at the moment if they are offered take them as you know with ON it can raise its head at any time.If you have got aids in your tool kit just in case the safer and more independant you can stay.

Keep safe Pip

So so glad you have found someone who is going to help you xxx a positive step forward - you deserve it xx

Thanks Pip and Kizzy.

still waiting for an appt re kitchen asses…but yes stir frys are ace…just sruggling a bit with sight and my arm…base of necks been bad too…feel so achey like flu…lol

no word from the eye neuro clinic…so pretty much accepting my gps request has fallen on deaf ears…

My friends and family feel because they have not called me in earlier re an appt after my MRi that everything muct be fine ie MRI is clear…which of course it may well be…who knows…as I have tried to explain appt seems to be based on clinical need…urgent etc…and whatever is wrong with me is still very much present…

e x

Thanks Pip and Kizzy.

still waiting for an appt re kitchen asses…but yes stir frys are ace…just sruggling a bit with sight and my arm…base of necks been bad too…feel so achey like flu…lol

no word from the eye neuro clinic…so pretty much accepting my gps request has fallen on deaf ears…

My friends and family feel because they have not called me in earlier re an appt after my MRi that everything muct be fine ie MRI is clear…which of course it may well be…who knows…as I have tried to explain appt seems to be based on clinical need…urgent etc…and whatever is wrong with me is still very much present…

e x