Anyone with experience of vestibular problems?

Hi I woke yesterday feeling nauseous and very dizzy. I went back to bed and when I woke a couple of hours later I was aware my vision on looking to the right was moving. I took a video and saw I had horizontal nystagmus on looking that way. I was able to access an ophthalmologist (who I work with) who after a phone all to a neurologist prescrigef a 5 day course of steroids. Today the oscillopsia,nystagmus and dizzyness ae still there and much worse when I’m lying down. I previously had double vision and nystagmus following a cerebellar lesion but am wondering if this is a lesion affecting the vestibular nerve. Also have a bad headache. Interested to know if anyone has had this associated with MS

I was diagnosed with nystagmus last year. Mine is mainly horizontal but sometimes it is vertical. My nystagmus permanently there. My eyes flick to the left when I blink but I have learnt to live with it.

I was diagnosed with nystagmus 18mths ago, mine only really effects me when I lay down and sit up, my husband video it and my eye were jumping up and down, thankfully I don’t feel nausea with it. Then very occassioanlly it effects me when standing, I notice it more in the bathroom were the flooring is more solid, silly I know but it feels like my left foot is moving backwards, also it makes me feel like my brain is moving about, I’ve been to opthamology and they say my eyes are ok, so I just have to live with it. I did try meds, but they didn’t help at all, mine was put down to MS.

Hi there. I am in the same situation and it is awful. Did you end up recovering? I do not know how I got this and I am scared. I have read so much good things about vestibular rehabilitation therapy (removed by moderator) Any experiences ?

Hi Olblackk, no I’ve never recovered, few years down the line and I’m still getting it, apparently there’s nothing to be done, so just another symptom.

Jean x

Hi greenhouse. You are right. There is nothing that can be done. Like you said it is just another thing to add to the list of symptoms