Anyone have ... eczema with MS?

What the title says, really. Have developed eczema on the backs of my hands since Christmas. I think it can be stress induced. Our building works stressed me to b*****ation.

Have been told to stop hydrocortisone now, and just moisturise.

Anyone else?

Hi Kev,

Me too!! I have it in my ears of all places. Started just after dx 7 years ago and I also think its caused by stress.

I use E 45 cream and it keeps it at bay but my goodness it can be really itchy. Not a good look itching your ears.

Doesnt help it when I go to the hairdressers to colour my hair. But I have to do what a girls got to do, not ready for grey hair yet.

Apart from that I hope you’re keeping well.

Mags xx

I don’t have eczema as such, but I’ve become allergic to loads of things like creams, metals and cleaning products. I bought a medical alert necklace for my allergies and medical conditions, just in case I have an accident, and had an allergic reaction to that. What a mess it made of my skin.

So I can relate to the eczema thing too, very unpleasant! I’ve developed Coeliac disease too, which is an intolerance to gluten. I wonder if ms stimulates our immune systems but was told they’re not related. I was a really healthy kid so this is just getting me more and more frustrated. Surely we have enough to cope with without this too. Someone’s definitely having a laugh, or I was a very bad beggar in a previous life.

Cath x

[quote=“Min”]

…I was a really healthy kid so this is just getting me more and more frustrated. Surely we have enough to cope with without this too. Someone’s definitely having a laugh, or I was a very bad beggar in a previous life.

Cath x [/quote]

you’re not kidding, Cath!

Thanks for the replies

Kev x

1 Like

Me I have it in my ears most of all plus on my eyebrows. My legs have a dusting of dead skin and I have some stuff Heather massages on to me after most showers.It was prescribed to help against bed sores when I was spending lots of times in bed. The district nurse is always checking me for bed sores.

Don

I have had M.S. for 35 years, now all of a sudden I am getting eczema. I never had it before. What brings this on? Janeette

I have weird eczema. For years I’ve had it on the soles of my feet. Especially in winter when not enough air gets to them. So I’ve used betnovate on my feet. Except this year when I’ve been religiously putting cream on my feet every day, staying away from anything perfumed like shower gel etc and making sure my socks are as natural as possible. I get patches of it on my back too, so use an emollient wash and Doublebase gel and get my OH to dab betnovate on it. It’s just recently appeared on one elbow too.

I also get eczema from contact with adhesives, so micropore and some dressings give me eczema. I had trouble with this when I had an SPC so had to have special dressings on prescription which were much kinder to skin. I’m getting it from my Stoma pouch adhesive now too. First I had just one patch, I managed to get rid of that with betnovate but I’ve now got several little patches. I’ve tried different pouches but they’ve all been wrong for one reason or another. I suspect I’ll be trying again soon.

It is a peculiar collection of eczema, it seems to have different causes; the kind I get on my feet, back and now elbow are completely different to contact eczema. And I never had it as a child. It’s just been the last 10 or so years. Possibly as a result of lack of mobility? Plus allergies to adhesives?

Sue