skin

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE

I HAVE A QUESTION,

DOES ANYONE SUFFER FROM SEBORRHAEIC DERMATITIS.IM HAVING A BAD FLAREUP,ON MY FACE,EYEBROWS,HAIR,FLAKY CRUSTY SKIN WHICH TO MY MIND LOOKING DISGUSTING ON MY FACE. APPARENTLY THIS IS QUITE COMMON FOR US.HAS ANYONE ELSE HEARD OF THIS??.I KNOW IT IS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE IMMUNE SYSTEM AND WHAT DOES EVERYONE USE.

THANKS

KIM

Hi there Kim,

Yes I’m with you on that one, I get that too, pretty bad on my hairline and inside my ears just now esspecially when my system is run down like just now with a throat infection.

Jools

X

JOOLS

WHAT DO U USE. IM USING A DIPROBASE CREAM, I HATE IT IN THE EARS COS THEY CAN GET PRETTY ITCHY. MY EYEBROWS ARE VERY SCALY,LOOKS LIKE IM SCREDDING MY SKIN LIKE A LIZARD.

KIM X

It’s not nice at all Kim,

The prescription meds I’m on are: Capasal shampoo, Betovate scalp, Dovobet and Otomize pump for inside my ears. They all help, but when it’s flaring up you feel horrible and want to hide away.

I’d def recomend the Otomize pump inside the ears.

Jools

X

Im not aware of many skin conditions other than eczema, however noticed once diagnosed with ms my own skin became very flakey, scaley and so dry, so gp prescribed oilatum cream, betnovate cream and told me to take evening primrose oil high strength. Ive noticed a remarkable result, my skin although still dry on my legs has improved quite dramatically. This cold weather doesnt help either, drying out everything, cover up where possible.

take care and I hope you soon find a solution but I would try the supplement, it worked for me.

bren

x

Hiya Kim

Yup. Got this one too! Tends to flare up when stressed and generally for no particular reason, about once a month.

I’m glad you mentioned this as I can’t remember this being mentioned on the boards. I seem to be affected on both cheek bones, middle of forehead, hairline, eyebrows, inside ears, behind the ears, by the nostrils and middle of the chest.

A Sheffield doc said ‘SEBORRHAEIC DERMATITIS’ and prescribed me Nizoral cream. Which has no side effects for me and does not sting or smell. This cream settles it down and within the week I’m back to ‘normal’. It’s a winner!

Marty