Forum

Any advice on travel insurance.

Hi all, Hope you are well today.

We're off to Turkey in July and have been looking at travel insurance. Anyone have any tips on a good but cheap travel insurer? Also will it make a difference that I havn't had a diagnosis?

Any help would be appreciated,

Jan

xx

Hey Jan - not sure about cheap but we are with HSBC . However I believe you only know how good your insurance is until you have to claim. Well we successfully claimed over £1000 after our flights went haywire. Also believe honesty best policy otherwise they will scr.w you. I declare my ms. Also tried to declare minor relapses but they werent interested in them. So perhaps you should disclose even tho you are not diagnosed. I would ask their advice
Hugs
Min xx

Hiya

I have used the MSS for several years-I dunno how good it is as have never had to claim! I agree with the other reply u have already had.

Maybe worth a phonecall? Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Ellie x

Hi Jan,

I went away in March and had difficulty getting insurance as I was waiting results from an MRI.

I got mine through the MS Society website, who had no problem with my pending results.

It was about £100 for me and my mum.

It was worth it, as I was suffering at the time with balance etc, so i was consious that falling was a real risk.

I am sure that I have read that the Post Office insurance, is ok with us having MS.

Have a good holiday, mine made me feel so much better.

Clare

last time abroad I used ATLAS inssuraance MS covered ,and was cheaper than a lot of others

i use club direct,off to corfu soon, they deal with ms and other medical conditions.I got mine with my other half for 27 pounds for 2 weeks,have used them for 3 years and found them to be very good.