Forum

anger

hi there

i find that being stressed makes me a lot worse. being angry makes me worse still.

i am fairly calm most of the time. we were burgled last week but i just told myself "it's only stuff", whilst my husband was in a rage.

however now it has started to hit home. the worse thing is they stole my motability car and although i still try to get out using the bus, it's really getting to me.

today i got the bus to my yoga class and then walked to the shops. phoned for a taxi home but whilst waiting for the taxi i started to feel very unsteady and light-headed. that's when i got angry but just felt even worse.

so now my mantra has an extra bit on it - try your best, look on the bright side and keep calm!

does anyone else feel worse after an emotional response like anger?

carole x

Hi Carole, it's so hard trying to deal with normal day to day stuff, let alone being burgled!

I have my own theory about anger and MS... apart from the lesions messing around with our emotions... I also think that when fatigue really hits our bodies tries to find energy by releasing adrenalin into our systems.

As I say, my own theory and I have no medical background at all... but I have noticed myself when my body is really bad with fatigue I tend to get angry (sometimes about something that someone said 30 years ago.. lol... daft!).

And yes, it has bad affect on MS and just makes symptoms worse.

If you keep in mind that the anger is a) perfectly normal considering you've been burgled and b) made worse by the MS AND will make the MS worse, it's somehow easier to handle.

The 'keep calm' mantra is a good one!

Hope you get your car back, or another car, very soon.

Pat x happy2

Hi Carole,

I start to shake, get very unsteady and feel like dropping when my adrenaline starts up.  In fact it highlights how bad I am if Im stressed.  You have every right to feel angry, stressed and upset, how dare someone steal all your hard worked for items.  Theyre cowards who had no right to enter your home and take your things which you dearly need now.

I do hope you soon get transport back again.  You are not alone C, sending (((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Take care,

bren

x

hello,

I guess I can be angry or rather Am angry.....at times, lets face it ...we're all human. Things that set me off can range from - watching the news, listening to others' woes, the weather and as this is not an exhaustive list, not least myself for having MS but the way I try to      " m an age    it "  (PUSHING MYSELF TO HARD).

Take Care,

Jonny

Hi Carol

I get pins and needles in my head, get more dizzy then normal, become uic tempered, RHS face goes numb.

Take it easy

Mike :slight_smile:

Hi Carole

I think that anger along with stress are the key things to avoid (except we can't)! Going to yoga classes is a good thing; I hope it helps you.

I'm so sorry that you have had to endure this, it's bad enough for people without MS. I do think that 'letting the anger out' in a controlled way is important as keeping things in can actually make MS worse, as I know from experience.

Wendy

xx

oh dear. Its horrible being burgled. I pesonaly montain bike and have had £3500 worth of bikes stolen from my house not garage in the last 3 years. But im a very strong belever in you get what you desurve so with any luck the little twats will catch somthing realy nasty and die a slow, horrible and painful death. Or eaven better get knocked off my bikes by a double decker bus.
And to your question yes both anger and stress make things bad for me my hands start shaking i feal sick and dizzy and get realy hot and clammy.

thank you everybody.

it's great to know that i'm not the only one.

wishing for us all to have anger-free lives.

carole xxxhappy2

Foxy

I thought your last quote “PUSHING MYSELF TO HARD” was poignant, as this applies to me too. I sometimes feel that I am being accused of not doing enough, here’s an example of something someone said to me: “If I were you, I would keep myself busy, you know, you’ve got plenty of time to kill so do some DIY around the house, put some shelves up or lay some boards in the loft or something” WHAT! and I was out with the same person on an occasion when I didn’t have access to my wheelchair so I had to find somewhere to sit and rest every few yards. I was trying my best and pushing myself on, but this person said to me “You wanna do some exercise or something” WHAT! Oh and this is a person I have known for many years.

I try very hard every single day, actually I think I push myself to the limit of what I am able to endure all the time. It sounds like you know what I mean.

Thanks

Bill.

Hi Carole,

So sorry to hear that you have been burgled, it's no wonder that you are angry, I would be to. I tend to find that when my energy levels are down I get angry for no reason what so ever and any one who gets in my way Watch out! Having said that I also find that if I do aget angry it only makes me feel worse so I try hard not to. But in your case I'd be flaming mad.

Hope your insurance can cover everything you have had taken and they catch the rotten b***er that did it.

Sending you (((((HUGS)))))

Janet

x

bill,

i remember those well meaning (?) folks saying those facile, stupid things to me early on in my journey. my sister was the worse culprit but recently she has developed some empathy! perhaps that’s what ms is for - to teach people to empathise?

it was when i decided to ignore those comments that i started to feel liberated. liberated from idiots!

carole x

Foxy

I thought your last quote “PUSHING MYSELF TO HARD” was poignant, as this applies to me too. I sometimes feel that I am being accused of not doing enough, here’s an example of something someone said to me: “If I were you, I would keep myself busy, you know, you’ve got plenty of time to kill so do some DIY around the house, put some shelves up or lay some boards in the loft or something” WHAT! and I was out with the same person on an occasion when I didn’t have access to my wheelchair so I had to find somewhere to sit and rest every few yards. I was trying my best and pushing myself on, but this person said to me “You wanna do some exercise or something” WHAT! Oh and this is a person I have known for many years.

I try very hard every single day, actually I think I push myself to the limit of what I am able to endure all the time. It sounds like you know what I mean.

Thanks

Bill.

[/quote]

Hi Carole

I’m sorry that you have had such a horrendous time! I would be angry and bitter!

I have had a stressful few weeks, and it certainly has played havoc with symptoms.

I have found that I am unable to deal with stressful or difficult situations as well as I used to. I can’t seem to think or prioritise.

I really hope that you feel better soon and that the police find the bar stewards that did this to you and your family.

Ppx

hi all you lovely peeps

i'm feeling much better today. 

motability are waiting for another 2 weeks to see if the car turns up and then they will class it as written off. then i may be able to get a new one.

my house insurance have said that they will pay for the stolen laptops. i think they need chasing up but i'm going to delegate that job to hubby.

so i'm off to the gym and going out for a pint or two (or three)

and the sun is trying its best to shine on me!

carole xhappy2

Hi Carole, my dander is well and truly up just now.

It`s to do with how my daughter is being treated by her soon to be exes family! She lives 75 miles away and i always felt content that she had a good in law family. it was her husband who did the dirty and everyone knows that, yet she is now the outcast. Ooo, I could wring his damned neck.

So now I can also feel angry for you and the waster who did this to you.

Is Motability sorting you out another car? I hope so.

luv Pollx

hi poll,

sorry to hear of your daughter's problem with her waste of time husband.

his family have probably closed ranks because they don't want to accept that their son has done wrong.

look after yourself so that you are well enough to look after your daughter.

i'll probably get another motability car in a few weeks.

i have felt fairly well today. i went to the gym and almost completed the programme.

i'm going to the pub later with my hubby. i'm going to have a few pints! i love real ale and one of the local pubs serves it.

i drink pints of it although i never drank pints in my lager days! it looks like i'm developing a new bad habit!happy2and i'm a little bit proud of it!

luv carole xxxx