Forum

Afternoon out

Yep I have a fun trip planed for this afternoon, I am off to see the nurse and have my ear suringed. I am as deaf as a post and have been for a few weeks, After putting Olive oil in for over a week I have finally given in and booked to see the nurse and now after all this fine weather it is pouring down here in Margate. Two trips to the surgery in one week, I was there Monday for my flu jab. It was mobbed and you are only there for a few seconds it was like a production line two nurses in two rooms doing flu jabs all day.

Hope you don’t get too wet, your description of flu jabs reminds me of doing baby immunizations in Africa years ago, believe me, it’s usually worse for the nurse than the patients. Luckily it’s not monthly!

Hoppity; I often get ear type problems, and have no idea if it is ms related or not. What really helps me are the steam room and sauna at the gym I go to. If you have access to same I would recommend it.

During August in the last two years Clucker Pigeon, my 18 yo son has had really bunged up ears and has had to have them syringed! In the few days before they are syringed, he is so deaf that you have to talk really loudly to him. Once done, it is like a miracle! I have no idea why this keeps happening though! Teresa xx

Hope it went well Hoppity, and makes a huge difference for you.

Pam x

Hope it went well, yes usually the change is quite dramatic.

thanks folks, I can hear again it is fantastic. I am now turning everything down rather than up

Good luck with your ears… my husband talks a good game about getting his ears done but he’s never had them done in the whole time we’ve been together! He just hates going to the doctors, I think he’s been once in the last 15 years (and I’m actually quite jealous of that at the moment!)

Have you ever tried hopi ear candles? I won’t use them if his ears are bad but they seem quite good, I also find it quite relaxing :slight_smile:

Sonia x

What are they Sonia? My imagination is running away with the idea of ear candles and some of my visions are very scary. I’m sure Health and Safety would be quite alarmed.

Cath xx

Yep the change was dramatic I now know the other side wants doing if that is done as well people will have to whisper around me

Yep the change was dramatic I now know the other side wants doing if that is done as well people will have to whisper around me