advice please

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could suggest ways to get the most out of my neurology appointment. I’m having another episode of what could be MS symptoms after several years. All the usual stuff really ie weakness, numb patches, tingling, eye pain, dizziness and really really tired. My MRI first time round (about 6yrs ago) was clear and the Neuro DR was very dismissive of what I was telling him. Now its all started up again I want to try and get to the bottom of it all and find out whats wrong with me. How can I get the most/ask the right questions at my Neuro appointment ?

Any advice gratefully received

cheers

I am in a similar situation and saw a very dismissive neuro about 10 days ago. But when I got home I thought ‘I don’t have to put up with this’. They can be very intimidating, but do stand up for yourself and demand an MRI if necessary.

I phoned the consultant back and told him I wasn’t happy with his dismissal and asked for one of his peers or superiors to look at the consultation notes as my symptoms were identical to Paroxysmal Symptoms of MS. So he said ‘Well, what do you want me to do?’ So I said I wanted an MRI. He said ‘OK, I’ll book it’. Not the kindest or most thoughtful of neuros, but at least I’m getting somewhere. Just have to wait and see when the MRI appt finally comes through…

Good Luck.

Lisa

1 Like

Many thanks for that Lisa and good for you standing up for yourself ! What is with these neurologist ??? Good luck