Aching wrists and legs

Hi All,

Does anyone have painful aching wrists? Mine ache all the time, find it hard to drift off to sleep on a nite because of the pain. When its time to get up I want to sleep!!!

Jan

I have had that, mine ache as though I’ve sprained them, but since I’ve been taking Lyrica, I’ve not noticed it. It could just be a coincidence though, but I do think the Lyrica has helped.

Hi Jan,

My wrists are painful, at one time they thought I had carpal tunnel …I’m not dx yet. I have all sorts of strange goings on.

Wendyx

Mine feel achy particularly when I put weight through them, using my hands to push me back in the bath etc. I put it down to getting older (thought Arthur Ritis had come to visit me).

Hi Wendy

I too have lots of strange things going on, had no dx as yet. Tests done in June and MRI last week…In limboland!!!

Jan

Yeah, I get this in the wrists, which comes and goes for a few weeks at a time. I find I have to open doors at work by pushing them open with feet or shoulder, cos my wrists are sometimes too weak or aching. It’s daft, in a £20m fully DDA designed building, no one thought about disbenefits of having massive heavy doors. Best wishes, Mr S

Does anyone have pain in their ankles and feet even your heel? My ankles ache and if I am sat for a while I find it hard to walk!!! Pain in my heel also. Just ache all the time!

Jan

yes absolutely, I think its the achilles tendon playing up but I dont know why. I have just started with occupational therapy and told my therapist and am hoping she can hlep with the painful wrists also.

It feels like there is an elastic band from elbow to wrist that is stretched soooo tight its going to snap. And the aching in the wrists, its very gnawing.

If i find a solution i will let you know. (I find Amitryptyline helps and makes me sleep but am trying to reduce dose as I struggle to come alive in the morning)

morning, yes I get this most of the time now, at first like a lot they thought of carpal tunnel, I even went so far as having the op on my right wrist, when he opened it he told me there and then no it’s not that, it now goes right into both of my hands, very painful, sometimes holding things, or chopping is a no no, take care, Jean x

Oddly last night I had a disturbed night with lots of very vivid dreams, in one I was hanging onto something to save me life. This morning my wrists are agony. Wonder if its related to positioning of ankles, wrists during the night.

Hi Jan,

Yes, I also have painful ankles and feet. I also have fidgety legs sometimes…and I have to get out of bed for a while and then go back and see If I can get off to sleep. Its really awful, keeps me awake a lot.

Take care,

Wendyx

Yes Wendy I find my sleep is terrible, just cant get settled and ache so much, when it is time to get up I cant. I am not any meds at the mo, just waiting on results…Drives me had the pain, and I just dont want to do anything…Is that wrong?

Jan

Janetlouise, I think you should get your hands on meds form your GP. Mine was brilliant and gave me Amitrypyline and Gabapentin. Suffering pain wears you down, and you need your sleep. I still get pain but I can sleep.

I know some people are really against meds but I don’t think I could have got throught the last 6 months without them.

Hi Jan,

I know how you feel, I struggle to get out of bed (literally) as I feel so tired and useless in the morning.

I am on amitrypyline, but I find that doesn’t actually help me sleep. I am reluctant to go back to the GP as I’m sure he thinks I’m a fraud! I’ve been back to him several times and had to virtually ‘beg’ him to put me on meds. I have had an MRI back in March and I’m not due to see my neuro until Nov…the waiting is driving me crazy. I’ve even phoned the neuro sec up…to see If I can get an earlier app. but he says its not urgent…well It Is to me!

Take care,

Wendyx

hi, i am also in limboland and been having aching wrists on and off. actually makes with inhale quickly so painful sometimes. also getting warm spots on my left leg as though someone is coming up to me with a heater then taking it away again. some of these symptoms would be quite amusing if i wasnot so blooming stressed over getting a dx. (had a mri 2 1/2 yrs ago, lesion at c6/7 dx with myelitis and 50/50 ms - had a couple of ‘issues’ since. looking like its not in my favour).

best wishes to all x

I am back at the Dr’s 5th Sept… Really fed up with the aches and pains sometimes I feel as tho I am going crazy! Since Nov last yr my life has suddenly changed, I dont drive any more, and I will have to change my job.I worked in a Day Nursery as a Nursery Nurse, very busy Toddler Room with 28 two yrs olds, and its a full on job, and I cannot do it anymore!!!

Feel sad that things have changed, I have always worked in Day Nurseries and I dont know what else to do!!

Waiting for MRI results.

Jan