A question on Spiders

Your mum is very brave Jan.

Believe me when I say, this really started out a serious question. A crazy question yes but serious

X

I am terrible with spiders. No idea where my fear came from as no-one in my family is scared. I have seriously thought about getting myself checked out as people seem to think my phobia is mad. I have to check my whole bedroom before I go to bed, that involves a torch behind all furniture, headboard etc, take all the sheets, quilt and pillows off my bed and all sorts. It drives my husband mad - even if he is in bed before me I have to get him up so we can do “the check”. I check everywhere I sit, before I sit, I check the sun visors in the car before I drive. I have been trapped places before because of spiders, I once got trapped in a toilet cubicle as there was one by the door and had to call out of a window for help. But - a daddy long legs - spider with wings right? I will happily catch and release in my hand.

I hope like you Blossom it will one day leave me!

It’s butterflies with me. Used to scream and run away but now I’m okay with them. I think it just goes to show the older you get, the wiser you get. Also the fatter where I am concerned. Another side effect of M.S. maybe?

Hokay - So I’m guessing no-one wants to visit my house then.

Fudge, Orens, Siegried and Fluff might put people off, just a bit.

They are all Tarantulas of differing species, Siegried is the largest, leg span around 6 - 7 inches now and is only half grown with teeth rapidly approaching Osmond-like size.

Sorry if I’ve just sent several people into a squeamy fit.

I like spiders - a lot.

Yikes! Creepy spider lady. Bet you would like the bat that visits our garden in summer too. Flies very low sometimes so I stay out of the way as I don’t want it in my hair.

Yep - love bats too.

My spider Henry is settling in very nicely. He keeps setting up a web then disappearing the popping up again.

Actually, Henry maybe an Henrietta-there maybe lot’s of little spiders soon

He’s sleeping off his lunch at the moment

xx

No Theresa, I would never come to your house. Unless there was some homemade chocolate cake, then I’d brave any spider

Hi hayley.

That really is a phobia you got going there. Hypnosis maybe worth a try.

You do know that spiders are more frightened of us big humans, then we are of them. When they do land on you, it’s by accident.

I think we tend to see them more in the cold weather because it’s warm plus they are looking for a mate to make baby spiders with

Great poem #1 :slight_smile:

I like spiders, apparently I used to sit in the garden when I was little and pull the legs off daddylonglegs. I pick them up and take them out the house. Draw the line at handling tarantulas tho.

Does any of you remember back in 1977, we had a plague of ladybirds.

I remember being about 5/6 months pregnant with my daughter. My baby bump was covered in ladybirds and I’m screaming in hysterics

The previous year it was greenfly. Shop keepers were sweeping them out of their shops-yuk. I was at the seaside and you could see the little blighters swarming over. Everyone was running with coats and jumpers over their heads.

xx.

Oh dear #2

I’m not evil ya know #1. I think I used to try to play with them and their legs used to fall off, I think its just my family winding me up. Xx

Whatever yah say #2

I never did anything like that

xx

Vaguely, love ladybirds as well, not greenfly though or flying daddylonglegs or moths, strangely, love butterflies tho. Xx

I love butterflies, so beautiful and fragile. I don’t mind ladybirds in small numbers, just not by the bucket load

The butterfly garden in Leeds is lovely. You can watch them in their chrysalis and flying about freely.

xx

ahh butterflies

we hatched some butterfly eggs out in our nursery class.

amazing how the little boy who was the “handful” sat watching and waiting for the butterfly to emerge from the chrysalis.

his mum arrived to take him home and he burst into tears.

i explained that we had been watching all morning and pretty please could her son wait.

the three of us waited and my lunch break was over when the butterfly finally emerged.

the mum was crying at the miracle she had just seen.

and whilst i have my nursery head on, here’s a poem.

incey wincey spider

climbed up the water spout

down came the rain

and washed the spider out.

out came the sunshine

and dried up all the rain.

incey wincey spider climbed up the spout again.

poor spider, like groundhog day!

That is a lovely heart warming story carole

Yah filled me up with emotion girl-thank you

X

aw glad you liked it.

did you like my poem too?

xx