A 'lurker' comes-out...

Hi everyone,

I’ve been lurking here for quite some time whilst in limbo and just want to say how reassuring it’s been knowing so many others were in that unsettling condition. I didn’t need to post any questions as so many aspects of MS are already well discussed here, and I have had good GP and Neurologist back-up.

I am now diagnosed and face new challenges, so shall keep watching and maybe join in occasionally, but meanwhile, thanks for allowing me to lurk, it certainly helped.

Ben

Welcome Ben, Sorry about your dx but you seem to be handling things fairly well. I was a “lurker” too before I took the plunge and started posting. I think lots of people are - they garner a lot of comfort and help from what they read and then eventually feel the need to join in. That’s how I felt anyway. It does help to ask questions pertinent to your own MS as we all experience this disease differently. Keep joining in as this forum helps to keep us all going. Teresa xx

Hello and welcome Ben :slight_smile:

I’m glad that we’ve been some support during your limboland period and that you’ve decided to take the plunge and join in: the more the merrier :slight_smile:

Just in case you didn’t already know about it, don’t forget the “post diagnosis housekeeping”: tell the DVLA about your diagnosis (and then your insurance company, who cannot change your premium) and check all your paperwork for a critical health clause (MS is a payable condition).

And if there are other “lurkers” out there reading this: come on, jump in, everyone’s welcome :slight_smile:

Karen x

Hi Im Rowan the Docs thnk ive had MS about 8 years but only got properly diagnosed 2 months ago. Havent met or spoken to anyone else with MS yet.

Hi everyone

Hi Im Rowan the Docs thnk ive had MS about 8 years but only got properly diagnosed 2 months ago. Havent met or spoken to anyone else with MS yet.

Hi everyone

Hello Ben and Rowan!

Welcome, should you ever need it there is lots of help and support here x

Good day Lurkio (Frankie Howards name in Up Pompei`)

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your head`s in a good place.

We`re here for you whenever you need advice, a chat, a joke…whatever!

luv Polllx

Welcome Rowan - you’ve come to the right place for info and support! Teresa xx

Well, thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and Karen (Rizzo), the DVLC have been about the furthest thing from my mind, so thanks for the reminder, I haven’t driven for a while but will inform them. I’ve just hastily checked my paperwork and, sadly, no pay-outs there. Never mind…

Rowanfoto: Hi there, like you I haven’t spoken to anyone else with the condition since diagnosis, but I have been wondering just who else to tell my news, and apart from those closest - who’ve all been great - I’ve decided to play it by ear. My MS isn’t going to go away - so what’s the hurry?

Ben

Hi Ben,

Great to make contact. Ive actually been reasonably open about it all, with mixed results…

A lot of them dont really understand what it is. they think im being some sort of over-reacting hypochondriac. Often they think MS is something that makes you “a bit tired now and again”… my last attack someone even told me the reason why my feet were numb was probably because I tied the laces on my converse too tight. Thanks for the professional prognosis there, mate… hmmm… lol!!!

-Rowan

Hi Ben,

Great to make contact. Ive actually been reasonably open about it all, with mixed results…

A lot of them dont really understand what it is. they think im being some sort of over-reacting hypochondriac. Often they think MS is something that makes you “a bit tired now and again”… my last attack someone even told me the reason why my feet were numb was probably because I tied the laces on my converse too tight. Thanks for the professional prognosis there, mate… hmmm… lol!!!

-Rowan

Oh well Rowan, if you do your laces up too tight you’ll just have to take the consequences…

I’ve yet to come up against the ill informed ideas of others, but guess it’ll happen… I hadn’t even thought of it. Looks like life with MS is going to be a learning curve in more ways than one.

Ben

Yea there is a lot of bs flying about. That’s the problem with everyone reading stuff off the Internet, I guess. I’m trying to stay fit and healthy as much as i can, but that was what i was pretty much doing before I was diagnosed, lol!