wind

I am being plagued with uncontrollable wind just lately…in fact it’s being going on a long time. It’s worse when I travel. Went to the White Rose in Leeds with my son and daughter yesterday, luckily I walk slower than them. Thank god it was busy and noisy :slight_smile: Anybody god any remedies I could try? :slight_smile: xx

Hi Noreen,

Sorry to here you are bothered by this problem. On the nhs.com website it suggests cutting down on unobsorbable carbohydrates. It has a link to a list of them. And start eating more absorbable ie rice,potatoes it has a list as well.

I hope this helps you with your problem pal and I also sent you a private message.

Take care

Robert x.

I did think about contacting you…will do next time. Save me getting picked on by Emily & Matthew Lol :slight_smile: I was hoping for something I could buy over the counter. I don’t eat a lot of carbs, in fact my appetite is not good. More to do with all meds I think. Noreen :slight_smile: Thanks for your message Robert :slight_smile:

I will do Jen :slight_smile: No I don’t chew gum…excuse me I’m off out to fly my kite if you can’t help :slight_smile:

Hi Noreen,

Now I think about it it could well be your meds try looking up known side effects on each and go back to docs or Neuro to see if it can be adjusted.

Take care

Robert x.

Hi Noreen,

Now I think about it it could well be your meds try looking up known side effects on each and go back to docs or Neuro to see if it can be adjusted.

Take care

Robert x.

Hi Blossom

I have this problem for years and tried everything. I think I may have tehe answer for me. A yoga friend introduced me to do-terra aromatherapy oils. They have these peppermint beadlets that you put under your tongue and they really help. Big reduction in wind and if you do let one go then it is odourless. I take a few drops of their digestgen in water and it contains the essential oil of ginger and I think this helps too.

You can order them on-line.

Moyna xxx

Thank you Moyna I will definitely look that up. Always interested in alternative/natural remedies :slight_smile: Can you send the website link when you get chance please? All the family will be eternally grateful :slight_smile: xx

google… 'Wind eaze’tablets you can get them from Boots or online.

I read about having a cup of peppermint tea 10 minutes beforew having a meal can help, so I gave it a go and it definitely helps me. Doesn’t totally stop it, but certainly a much less than I might normally expect.

Dan

http://www.doterra.com/uk/

DigestZen - The blend you can put in water OR the Softgell capsules.

Also the peppermint capsules are good too.

They do work and they last for ages so dont be put off by price.

There products are amazing the hayfever one is brilliant for hayfever and breath for asthma.

Moyna xxx

My mum used to swear by peppermint cordial for wind, not sure you can still buy it. My dad used it in his whisky. I had peppermint capsules when I was pregnant for indigestion, but I also had piles at the time, not good it burnt like hell Lou x

Thank you Moyna

Definitely going to try

Noreen xx

I suffer that way and have started taking Appercap ttablets basicly spearmint oil works a treat. Don

Hi Noreen,

I strongly recommend that you go to your gp asap and get blood tests completed to rule out ibs. I got this following info on Flatulence and Wind. What causes flatulence | Doctor | Patient

These depend on the clinical picture. Basic tests may be relevant to help rule out other problems (eg as recommended in the diagnosis of irritable bowel syndrome):

• Full blood count (FBC).
  • Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) or C-reactive protein (CRP).
  • Antibody testing for coeliac disease.

Dont worry about these tests as I get them tested every fortnight but it is important that you go asap.

Hi Noreen,

I have been searching the internet for information to help you. I found all the information you need at Flatulence and Wind. What causes flatulence | Doctor | Patient.

Hope you find a solution soon.

Robert xx

Hello Robert I can assure you I don’t have irritable bowel disease. It’s just plain old wind but thank you for taking the time to post the info :slight_smile: X

Hi Noreen,

Thats great, if thats the case just take pepermint capsules or windese tablets that should solve your problem.

Robert xx.

I take peppermint capsules called (she hobbles upstairs slowly) Colpermin. They are for IBS but they help my bliating which helps my flatulence. Glad I did hobble upstairs as only have 5 left. You can buy OTC but my GP gives me a bulk prescription for 100 to make them cheaper. Also use fybogel as Ispaghula Husk Orange which helps. Good luck! xx

Hi Noreen I make some ‘Four Winds’ tea if I’m suffering from flatulence. I don’t know if you remember a TV series called Grow Your Own Drugs presented by James Wong? My son bought me the book and I love browsing for natural remedies. Here’s the recipe: 1 tsp caraway seeds 1 tep fennel seeds 1 tsp chopped peppermint leaves 1 tsp chamomile flowers 250 ml hot water (if I’m having trouble finding chamomile flowers, I just buy good quality ready made chamomile tea leaves) 1. Crush the caraway and fennel seeds in a mortar and pestle to help extract the oils. Combine the seeds with the peppermint and chamomile. Place in an airtight container. 2. To make the tea, put 1-2 tsp of the mix in 250 ml hot (not boiling) water and allow the herbs to infuse for about 15 minutes. Sip slowly, while still warm. Drink a cup when required, up to 4 times a day. The mix will keep in the airtight container for several months. Make the tea fresh before drinking. James says the herbs have an anti-spasmodic effect that relaxes the gut, so gas escapes and bloating is relieved. I’ve noticed that when I use this tea, my bloating is relieved and the wind disappears without any embarrassment (I have no idea where it goes but it doesn’t escape from my bottom!) Hope this is useful. Tracey xx