Why some user names say 'I have MS'

Ok guys I worked this out… some people have ‘I have MS’ next to their user name.

Got to your homepage by clicking on the 'Welcome back (user name) at top right hand of page.

Go to public profile.

Scroll down to ‘what type of MS do you have’.

Under that is a tick box which says something like ‘show this as a badge’.

Untick that box and the ‘I have MS’ should disappear (I hope).

Scroll down to end of page and click ‘Save’.

Pat x

1 Like

Oh Pat you clever girl, bit by bit we are getting there, but I can’t face trying to get an avatar yet.

Pam xx

1 Like

Yes, noticed this the other day Pat. When I first re-logged on I checked ‘I have MS’ and saw the bit about a badge and assumed it would put up a subtle icon. Nope. Went back in and got rid of that straight away.

EDIT: ps testing the edit facility again now. It hasn’t been working for me. If you can read this bit it works now.

1 Like

I can read it Kev , so it must be working, slowly getting there, but for a computer novice like me, I don’t like things changing.

Hope today is good for you, and you alterations sound amazing, bet you can’t wait.

Pam x

2 Likes

Hi Kev,

I am pleased the edit button is working for you but either I am plain daft (!!) or I dont have one!

Nina x

2 Likes

Hi Kev,

I am pleased the edit button is working for you but either I am plain daft (!!) or I dont have one!

Nina x

Nina

I have looked at the answers on this thread and it appears not everybody has one!!!

What’s that all about? Spooks still on this forum.

Pam. X

Re edit button, I have one on every comment I have posted. Are you saying that you can’t see an edit button on your own posts?

Jan x

PS

there was an option to have email notifications on threads when the forum first changed. It was on the bar at bottom of either first or all of the comment boxes, can’t find them now…any thoughts/ideas?

Yes, to follow up what Jan says, you should see edit buttons on your own posts. You can’t edit anyone else’s posts.

I’ve always found it useful on other forums and was surprised we didn’t have one here, so I approve of the addition.

very useful when you’ve written your comment, previewed it and posted it and THEN realised you’ve not said all you want to say. Or spilt something wrng!

3 Likes

Hi Jan

On your answer above there is no edit button that I can see.

With the email notifications, I am not sure, but I would think that could be changed by clicking on your own name at the top, go to homepage, then preferences and it should be there somewhere on that page.

Hope I am right with that.

Pam x

Pam can you see an edit button on your own post? I only see them on my posts.

It’s odd that we seem to have differing options. Old site had an email option in your own homepage I think there are some options there now but not the same. The option I am refering to was actually on the bar at the bottom of post but not there now.

Jan

Oh I get it now, you only see it on your own post!!! Sorry I would like to blame that on cog fog, but in truth, I think I am lacking in understanding when it comes to computers lol

Thanks Jan and Kev for explaining it. Even my six year old grandson can do it better than me!

Pam x

3 Likes

I still can’t find my email notification button