When will the nhs be back for us all?

The NHS has done a fantastic job during COVID , no one could have foreseen or prepared for it. I too worked in the nhs for 25 years until 2015, I don’t know how I would have dealt with being there, but I probably wouldn’t have been, I worked for the last 10 years there with my MS. I don’t know how everyone feels but I have found it very difficult with all my therapies & ms hospital gym sessions& physio not available. Trying to find out when they will restart has been frustrating. Although I & some of my ms group do zoom calls, we are all in agreeance that we fortunately have remained safe , we are all seriously starting to flag physically & mentally . We have got into regular things to help our conditions only to have practically all stopped for over 12 mths. I think that’s been the worst for me , 4 out of 7 days were actively doing therapies & sessions to live fairly good with my ms, to coming practically to a stop.fatigue & muscles in legs have been my nemesis is everyone of us the same. We need these things to start again. I so want to be able to build muscles in legs up,where on new site can I access the exercises with the physios !

1 Like

Hi Aurora,
I am frustrated for exactly the same reason, all the exercise I did to build muscle stopped and there is only so much you can do at home without the gym equipment. When places are starting to open I found the gym and swimming pool I use have gone into administration and the masseuse has left her post. So I am really starting from scratch. Ahh!!! I have really tried to maintain fitness in lockdown but I am yet to find out how effective my efforts have been.

Sorry I forgot to mention the bands you can use in exercise sessions. I have found them useful in pilate sessions as they work the muscle harder. Sorry I was so busy venting my frustrations

Hi Tyche, sorry it’s taken me a while to reply. Ime still at odds with the NHS . Don’t get me wrong, I worked 25 yrs in it , they have been nothing short of amazing nursing patients with COVID. BUT, I feel that all other sources have closed down. We MS ‘sufferers’ have had our neurology resources practically disappear .Ime sure there are lots of us can agree with each other how difficult the last 18 months have been. I have been fortunate that I have been able to speak with ms nurse but I want & need to speak with my neurologist who I have not seen for two yrs !!

Well I am about to embark on my fitness regime since the swimming pool and gym are opening again. This is good news but I am exhausted at the thought of it. Things are slowing getting there so hopefully it won‘t be long before you can see a neurologist

That is a very good question so many services that people living with a range of disabilities have been unavailable since the start of the pandemic. However hopefully over the course of the next few weeks as we enter level 0 these services will return it will however take them some time to get through the list of people who need to see them