Newly diagnosed but doing fine.

Hello everyone, got the news around 6 weeks ago! Seem to be handling it well. Anxiety was bad to start with but I’m now i feel 100% better. I had my first ms attack in 2015, had an mri scan but the NHS failed to tell me I had ms!!! Second attack WAS 7 weeks ago then they broke the news to me. I’m over the attack now and feel 100% again. I’m from Nottingham, was wondering if anyone local would like to add me on snapchat or talk on whatts app… be nice to have somone to talk to about it. I’m male 32. Get intouch

1 Like

Well, I’m not male, will never see 32 or even 52 again, and I’m not even in England, let alone Nottingham, but welcome to the forum!

I’m glad the emotional aspects are going well for you. Give them time, and I’m sure some people will connect with you.

1 Like

not the NHS YOUR neurologist should have either rang you or wrote you to explain or you should have been told in a follow up appointment from your scan. i would complain about this personally. Although THEY will just say it down to covid lol.

Loving your attitude keep it up and i hope you meet lots of new friends. whats a WHATTS APP lol i dont have a smart phone not smart enough lol. xx

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply means alot. I had a scan in 2015 and my neurologist said it was quite clear on the scan that I had MS and somone should of called me back immediately for more tests in 2015. They didn’t and I’ve only just been told I have MS 5-6 weeks ago. If I had known I would of improved my diet, stopped smoking ect which I have done now.

1 Like

It might be worth discussing DMD with your neurologist or MS nurse or GP. Issues down the line might be avoided / reduced / delayed
Mick

1 Like

Yes i have an appointment in September. Got a couple of dmt to choose from. Just doing the research on them now. Thanks

1 Like

Hello, Just like NorasMom I am not male, and I don’t even have MS and I wont see 32 again either. However, my hubby was diagnosed last week. He is a little older then you but I dont think we are that far away. East Yorkshire.

I’m sorry your Neurologist let you down, thankfully we haven’t had that experience. My hubby decided on his treatment course in the same consultation also.

I hope that you can start on you treatment journey soon, have some family and friends around you to talk this over with. Please know though, I understand everyone’s journey is different, but you are not on your own just finding out.

Sxx

2 Likes

Hi there.
I was diagnosed with MS in 2010, following a Stroke.
Unfortunately followed by Diabetes too, Bladder and Bowel issues requiring a Catheter.
All was fine until late 2019, when a business Trip to Sao Paulo, brought on an Attack in the Shower and which caused me to be unable to walk.
Even almost two years later still require sticks to hold me up when walking.
My wife suffered a Stroke in 2015, leaving her confused and unable to join the dots. However even though I now struggle with everything, cannot get any support for either of us. I run The Carers Web Site www.nuc.org.uk of my late Wife’s Charity www.carersassociation.info.
So just take it one day at a time, although there’s no cure, always take it by the horns and grapple it.
If you ever need help make sure you fall over on the pavement or on the roadside. Then somebody will call 999 and an Ambulance will come to you aid, free of charge. Then the NHS will supply Carers for up to a couple of months , again free of charge.
My late Wife’s Autobiography of her terminal illness, following a misdiagnosis during pregnancy, is being turned into a Movie, so maybe then our cries will be heard.
Take Care.
Terry