Wheelchair cushion

Can anyone recommend a better wheelchair cushion, I find after about 5-6 hours I’m starting to get a numb bum and start looking forward going to bed, this doesn’t happen for another 6-7 hours, I would love to be comfortable staying up later!

i have a memory foam cushion supplied by the NHS wheelchair services and have tried to get in touch with them after a recent repair where the engineer suggested I give them ring as they might have a more comfortable cushion.

has anyone had any success in finding a comfortable cushion, thanks

This is urgent; it took me 30 minutes sitting on a Jay pressure relief cushion; which was put on my wheelchair by a nurse in hospital; the wrong way around to give me a grade 4 pressure sore.

A Jay has a soft gel back and a hard front that helps with stability; so I was sitting on the hard front.

It has taken 3 years to heal; I now have a ROHO CUSHION; that is brilliant and is pressure air relief all over.

Yes, they take some getting used to but they are supplied by the NHS, very expensive £300-500.

This is urgent; it took me 30 minutes sitting on a Jay pressure relief cushion; which was put on my wheelchair by a nurse in hospital; the wrong way around to give me a grade 4 pressure sore.

A Jay has a soft gel back and a hard front that helps with stability; so I was sitting on the hard front.

It has taken 3 years to heal; I now have a ROHO CUSHION; that is brilliant and is pressure air relief all over.

Yes, they take some getting used to but they are supplied by the NHS, very expensive £300-500.

I agree. If you are sitting on a cushion that has the potential for giving you pressure sores, your local wheelchair services should be sorting you out with a gel filled, pressure relieving cushion. Pressure sores are no joke, not easy to get over, just think about spending weeks or months laying on your side because you cannot sit due to sores.

If I were you, I’d get onto Wheelchair Services asap and get them to sort out a better cushion.

Sue