What a releif

Hi folks,

i just received my PIP. I have been given standard daily living and standard mobility which I think is fair.

Although the whole thing has been quite stressful, I must admit that it hasn’t taken that long from start to finish, about 6 weeks.

The form filling was a bit of a trial but I just told the truth and the lady at my assessment was very good.

I am so glad I don’t have to have a reconsideration. I don’t think I would have had the strength for it.

Lovely day here again today.

Mags xx

2 Likes

Yay, good for you Mags! A weight off your mind.

Still waiting for any sign that they want to do me. Happy to be off the radar for now.

(Thinks: how long before some politician decides to make his/her name by throwing out PIP and setting up something else? Sorry, didn’t mean to be a party-pooper! )

2 Likes

Well done Mags, one less thing to worry about.

Pam x

2 Likes

Well done Mags!

It is such a stressful process but glad to hear you got through it ok and got what you think is fair.

Gives hope to all of us! I’m due to got through it soon as my DLA ends in November.

Pat xx

1 Like

Yeah, I have heard so much horror stories that I’d convinced myself I would have to go through a reconsideration.

Now I am thinking I am so obviously disabled I must be up shit creek without a paddle.

There is no pleasing some folk.

Mags xx

2 Likes

Good news pleased its out of the way for you. Do they give you a timescale for how long it lasts?

Jan x

1 Like

Mags that good, and there you was all worried. Quick too, I read some horror stories but the the paper’s don’t print the good news do they?

Don

1 Like

It says to be reviewed in 2017. They maybe think there is going to be some sort of miracle. Maybe they know something we don’t.

Mags xx

1 Like

Good news Mags…one less thing to pester you.

I’m due for mine this year but have not heard anything as yet.

take care,

Nina x

1 Like

Really pleased for you Mags,

I felt happy, sad mixed up when i got mine, happy because the lady who came out was so kind, and i didn’t have to fight for it, and sad because it was another nail in the coffin…i almost felt i’d now signed up to join the official disabled club.

But its good it means that you can get the things you need, there are a few perks like iv’e just applied for a cinema card, they usually let me in anyway with Lee going free, because its kind of obvious when Im in a chair with Frazer (assistance dog) but i always felt a bit bad asking, when i hadn’t yet got the Cea card Also local places like Chester zoo, i have a membership which means Lee or my carer can go free with evidence of pips or disability living allowance.

Michelle x

1 Like

Hi mags I am pleased everything went well with your PIP. I have not been contacted yet regarding an assessment. However I am very worried because of all the horror story’s you read xx

2 Likes

Really pleased for you Mags. I know from experience that that’s a quick result and positive news for those of us getting stressed over our reviews. You must be so relieved, thanks for letting us know it’s not all doom and gloom as we hear it is, hopefully it means they’re keeping their promise to speed it all up.

Cath x

2 Likes

Hi Jackie, why do you think you’ll only receive it for 9 - 10 months?

If it’s because of age restriction, it’s like DLA in that if you are awarded it before age 64 you will continue to get it after age 64. There is no cut-off date providing you are already getting it before the upper age limit.

Not sure if that’s why you think you won’t it for long?

People who are not getting before the upper age limit…ie 64… can apply for Attendance Allowance.

Hope that’s clear.

Pat xx

3 Likes

Yes Jackie, don’t worry, providing you get the award it will continue after you are 65.

I actually think it’s an unfair rule, as if people who get ill after age 65 need less money than those who got ill before age 65! However it works for us!

Pat xx

2 Likes