Wasted hospital appointment but a great picnic

In our front garden my hubby has made a lovely holder for our hanging baskets, and it has a light on the top.

Two or three times every day our little robin (as I call him) comes to see us and sits on top of the basket holder, so I get a perfect view of him from my chair. He is so tiny and beautifully marked, I would miss him now if he stopped coming.

Pam x

I content myself with watching the sparrows and starlings on the feeder in our front garden, which I can see from my chair. It was my sister’s bright idea to put a feeder there, we always had several in the back garden which I rarely get to see now.

The latest thing is a pair of goldfinches, who have discovered the nijer seed we put out for them.

We call the starlings the Squabble Squad, and the goldfinches are The Bling. :slight_smile:

Just had 14 of the squabble squad on my terrace feeders…amazing actually, they don’t seem at all bothered about the fact that I am only about five feet away. I used to only have feeders in the garden too. To be honest I really didn’t think many would use this one I now have, but I get masses. I sometimes put live meal worms on my coffee table ( in a dish, I hasten to add!) and the blue tits will happily come inside for them. Such a joy! As they say " little things please little minds"! Nina x

I love watching the Parakeets or as I call the Green Things they are so commical watch short clip of them on feeder in my back garden Two Margate Birds fighting (Parakeets Fighting) - YouTube

you can neven hear our dripping tap as a soundtrack onceI would have fixed things like that now I have to depend on others Sad aint it this MS malarky

Don watching the golf in Margate

Nina, if we put mealworms out the SS get them first and vacuum them all up in twenty minutes or so. ( He-he, I’ve just realised that Squabble Squad makes SS! ) Our front garden is tiny, so the more shy birds don’t come to it. The pavement and the road are too near.

I or rather Heather buys Sunflower Hearts now because these Parakeets make so much mess when we put the husked ones out they made so much mess the more expensive dehusked hearts became favourites. The bank balance goes down but the clearing up is halved

I find if I wave my stick at the starlings they fly off but the robins and blue tits don’t seem bothered by it. Sticks have so many uses!! Don, I am so jealous of the parakeets! Nothing so exotic in Herefordshire! Nina x

No parakeets here in Gloucestershire Son, you are lucky.

Pam x

Sorry Don, predictive text, your not really my son!

Pam x

Phewww that got me reconsidering my life

Squabble Squad I like that I shall pinch that and use that at some future date Kev.

The Green Things (Parakeets) really do brighten my day and at times we get up to 20 of them in the garden and that gets expensive in food for them all, A few years back we used to go green thing spotting driving all over Thanet in the hope of seeing one, now they are as frequent as the busses passing our house. Is it just me or are there more busses nowadays?

Don

Less buses in our area Don, in fact some villages don’t have any, so cars or bikes are a necessity.

Must be fantastic seeing the parakeets in such numbers. My sister, who lives in Australia, has sent me pictures of the birds she gets in her garden, absolutely fantastic bright coloured ones.

Pam x