walking aid/giving in??

Thanks again Rogue and Graeme
I am honestly taking all your very kind advice on board, thinking I will see how I am tomorrow and decide about work then. Think you are all so right, I am listening to my body and will hopefully make the right decision.
Right now I would be a danger to everyone I think as I am still quite staggery.I was fully convinced this morning that I was truly on the way up and over this wee episode but this afternoon not quite as good.
I know my ms nrse said it would take a lot out of ā€œnormal folkā€, having the weeks of infections and antibiotics a lot to get over but us MS folk gets hit a bit harder.
I truly know I am very fortunate to be as well as I am so will just be very sensible.
Thanks again
Mary x

Hello to you all,
Well first day over, kinda gubbed but I did it.
The MS nurse rang this morning to say my neurologist has requested a spinal and brain MRI, which will be done on 3rd September.
The MS nurse did no think my leg not really doing as it used and dragging is the antibiotics now as they finished on Friday. Does not think it is a relapse and even if it was she said they would not give me steroids as with all the antibiotics I have been on steroids would weaken my immune system even more, something I did not know. The MS nurse said how I am tonight/tomorrow morning and if I am really gubbed to call my GP as she does think work is wise just now.
I said I will see how I am in the morning and then if still gubbed I will call GP. Kinda just want to be ā€œnormalā€ again. Hopefully things will settle, the infections have cleared so that is a massive plus.
MS nurse said to go ahead with my next Tysabra as it is before the MRI.
Sorry, once agin for the rabble.
I hope you are all as well as can be.
Mary x

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming that your GP does NOT think that return to work is a terrific idea? But of course I recognize the desire to be ā€˜normalā€™ again. Well, I hope you donā€™t have to redefine ā€˜normalā€™ just yet. Hurrah for Tysabri. Itā€™s great stuff, and gives us the best chance of staying as well as we can be for as long as we can. Thank you for the update.

I will be totally honest Alison, the last time I spoke with the GP was just before I spoke with the MS nurse and that was all to do with the infections. I will go in tomorrow as there are no children back until Wedenesday and see how I get on.
Fingers crossed I manage ok. GCCK, I totally get what you mean about your head after antibiotics, mine has been a bit fuzzy, well fuzzier than normal.
Maryx

1 Like

Hello to all you lovely people and I hope things are going as well as they can.
Well, just completed second week of work and I managed, albeit slowly and a bit staggery at times but got there.
I had my tysabri on Thursday and get my spinal/brain mri next Saturday so hopefully things ok.
Thanks again for always being there.
Used the stick, the delta is in the boot just in case.
Mary x

3 Likes

I see my walking aid as my route to independence. How would I get about without it? I had one that rolls but it was too heavy and clumsy getting on and off the bus. I now have what is basically a walking stick but it pulls out into a seat if I need to stop and rest. I honestly wouldnā€™t go anywhere without it and I feel confident leaving the house without my husband. (We donā€™t have a car and the DVLA are in the process of reviewing my driving license but thatā€™s a whole other story)