Very worried about MS symptoms

Hello everyone, can someone help me please.

I am new to this forum and made an account because i’m no longer able to deal with the anxiety i have for MS. What i’m really hoping for is to get some opinions if my symptoms are indeed a likely indicator for MS or is it more anxiety related as stated by my neurologist 3 years ago.

First let me say that i never had an MRI.

Here’s how it all began 3 years ago:

I started having fasciculations all over my body after having to deal with lots of stress…when going to the doctor with this he planted this little seed by saying that MS and ALS also have these similar symptoms. I have a history of being anxious and started looking up MS and ALS…thats where it all went downhill fast for me…litteraly the day after the dokter told about this, and me looking up symptoms i started noticing more and more symptoms. Long story short: went to see a neurologist, he did some tests and told me there was nothing to worry about, and that it was all related to anxiety…i was doing fairly good for the last 3 years and learned to live with the fasciculations (some periods they go away completely).

Now three years later i’m having this burning sensation on the top of my right foot for about 8 weeks…went to the doctor and she did some test that turned out good (EMG of foot), she then asked me if i was feeling dizzy sometimes… thats when i remembered that there were times this past year that i was feeling a bit lightheaded (but no vertigo, or not being able to walk straight to be clear). after the EMG test she said that the burning on the top of my foot was not related to my lower back (sciatic pain- since 4 years ago i was diagnosed with a herniated disc L4-L5, L5 - S1.) She said the burning must come from something els but could not pinpoint from what/where.

Important to mention that 5 years ago i had the exact same burning in my right foor but this only lasted about a week.

Soon as i got home i started worrying about MS again…what if the burning in my foot and the dizzines/light headedness are related. Before i knew it i was back in this ‘very dark place’ i wished to never come again. started looking up symptoms of MS on google, and a burning sensation is almost mentioned everywhere when you look up MS symptoms.

This is where it took a turn for the worse…‘exactly’ the next day after visiting the dokter i also started feeling a burning sensation at the top of my right hand and every now and the a burning patch on top of my left hand…few days later i started having burning sensation spots around my lips. the intensity of the burning comes and goes…sometimes its gone completely to return after a few hours. I’ts hard for me not to focus on the sensation and this only makes it worse.

What worries me is that the burning is mostly on the right side of my body (top of foot and top of hand…left side feels normal.

Also at night i started having tingling hands (pins and needles)…it wakes me up, but soon as i start moving my arms it goes away…also had this a few years ago and the docter said this was all anxiety related. But i’m not sure. I’m really anxious and this entire thing is really weighing in on our family.

I don’t even have the energy to help my kids with their homework or play with them because i’m constantly worrying that i have MS and look up symptoms online hoping to find some reassurance but on the contrary.

I want to point out that i do not have lost any strength or that i do not have vision loss or double vision…

Do you guys think my symptoms are MS related…?

I’m sorry if i offended someone with this post because some people are also dealing with lots of issues.

im basically trying to figure out the same thing seems most things are blamed on my type 1 diabetes, i have burning too feet and hands do you have trouble say moving your foot up towards your shin and trying to relax it? Also welcome im new too lol

Hi @jorda, welcome. Right then, first thing take a deep breathe. Your anxiety is so heightened that if you are not careful you are going to spiral. As I am sure you know and have been told anxiety can cause many physical symptoms.

It sounds like you are experiencing a number of unexplained symptoms, are they ms right now, difficult to say. I think that if after 3 years you have ongoing symptoms you need to ask for a another referral. If possible see a different neurologist and start a fresh. At least that way if the same conclusions are drawn you won’t be fretting that they have it wrong,

Keep posting so that we can support you through the next chapters of your diagnosis.

Hi Rogue

Thank you for replying. I’ts not that i had these burning sensation symptoms for 3 years know ( i wasn’t clear probably because english is not my native language). the burning sensation on the top of my foot is going on for 8 weeks now. for like two weeks now i also have a burning sensation on the top of my hand. both on the right side of my body with some occasional burning patch on the top of my left hand…

I remember that 4 years ago i also had a burning sensation on the top of my right foot but as mentioned this went away fairly quickly.

My anxiety started 3 years ago after the dokter said that the fasciculations could be ALS…thats when i went down the dark path by constantly looking up symptoms on the internet…when you type in burning sensation first thing you come up with is MS. This made me so anxious that i’m no longer able to live a normal live as i’m constantly thinking about it…

To be very clear…i do not experience a burning sensation in the entire hand (palm hand, vingers, etc.). Nor do i experience a burning sensation in the entire foot (toes, bottom of foot, …) It is only on the top of the foot, and the top of my hand…the burning sensation stops where the knuckles kind of begin.

I did have a blood test done but my sugar levels came back ok.

When you say that its difficult to say if it is MS…do you mean that you kind of suspect it to be or that there is a big chance its so?

Jorda, it is difficult for anyone but a neurologist to say whether you have ms or not. We can compare symptoms but as so many illnesses share some symptoms it would be unwise for anyone but an expert to say that what you are experiencing is or is not ms. A neurologist can request a number of tests to try and get to the bottom of what you are experiencing. I hope that makes sense.