Undiagnosed for 2 years but scary new symptoms.

Hi. I’ve not been on the site for about a year now.

I’ve been having odd symptoms for over two years now and have seen two neurologists.

A few of my symptoms are tingling/fuzzy hands and feet which can spread up to my head when laying down. Feeling of numbness in feet but mainly down my left leg, this can then feel as if cold water is running down it. It can also spread to my right leg. This is a constant symptom.

Other symptoms such as rib pain and numbness on my face come and go. I also get alot of little electric shock symptoms as If being stung by a bee. I get personal symptoms as well which can be very upsetting.

I am on Ropinerole 2mg for what the neurologist believes is restless arms. Without this my arms and legs jerk and kick out uncontrollably at night. It is impossible to sleep.

On Monday night I woke with a new symptom. My knee was bent but completely locked and very tight. I was eventually able to slowly move it straight. Then a couple of hours later on the same leg I woke to my whole leg completely straight and every muscle from the top to my toes felt like it was contracting and locked. It was painful but felt different to cramp. It made me cry out. After about 20 seconds it started to relax.

This morning as I woke and as your body does its normal stretch it felt as if my body wouldn’t stop stretching. Everything went so tight and painful. Felt like I was being squeezed around my ribs, I could even feel my oesophagus squeeze and the taste of stomach contents came up. And had to take gavisicon to relieve that. Again my body then started to relax. I got up and felt like I’d ran a marathon.

Sorry for the long post! I’ve been worried all day about this new symptom and wondered if any one has had this or any advise please? Thank you.

I should say I’ve had two brain and spine MRI’S and a nerve conduction test, all negative. I’ve not had a lumber puncture.

two things. when you post can you use paragraphs please. a lot of us MSERS cant read block text very well. thanks.

If you have new symptoms may I suggest you contact your GP. xx

Ok, i will try and change the way it is set out later, thanks.

Unfortunately my Gp always says as I’m under a neurologist I have to discuss it with them. X

thank you so much easier lol.

I would contact your neurologist with this ok, without doubt something is going on. xx

Thank you. I now have a phone call appointment with my neurologist in a couple of weeks. Let’s see if he can shed some light x

1 Like