Undiagnosed and unsure.

Hello,

I’m tentatively here trying to find out about MS.

I’m undiagnosed and have a Neuro appointment next week. I have no idea if I have MS obviously but thanks to Dr Google I’m here and wondering if my symptoms are consistent with MS.

In September 2021, I noticed that my right leg felt different to my left leg, I couldn’t really put my finger on what it was but standing it just felt different, it gradually got worse until I realised it was numbness and then earlier this year my right arm and then the right side of my face went numb. An X-ray shows I have arthritis in my lower back but not sure if this is the cause. I still have normal movement but I’ve recently noticed that I feel heat and cold differently on my right side, if I test the shower heat with my right hand it feels different to my left.

Sometimes I really struggle to find the right words for things, or I struggle to remember something but not like a dementia type memory issue just I can’t remember an actors name or the name of a film etc.

I’m tired a lot but I’m quite severely overweight and have Type 2 diabetes which I am trying to control, so tiredness just comes with that right now. I don’t feel fatigued as in I need to sleep as soon as I wake up and can do day to day tasks.

Recently I have developed an urgency to pee when I need to go I need to go! But I have a prolapsed bladder and liver/spleen issues so this could be related.

I do seem to have lost my sex drive recently, I used to have quite a high libido but now I just don’t think about it.

Having looked up the symptoms of MS I’m here thinking ooh yes I have that and that and that but in reality it could all be something else. Couldn’t it?

I’m sorry for the long post, I’ve not really got many people to talk to about health things so I kinda just wanted to have a conversation and get a response really. Not sure if that makes sense! I guess I’m trying to convince myself that I don’t have it whilst trying to find out if I do!

Silly really!

Thanks for reading if you got this far :blush:

Hannah.

Hi Hannah
I can see why you are concerned but you have to be patient. I know easier said than done. Many things can look like MS and dr Google can make things worse, don’t worry we’ve all done it.
Wait to see what the neurologist says but unfortunately you will still have to be patient because it can take a while for diagnosis. In the meantime take it essy on yourself.
Any questions or if you need a rant we are here for you.
Sam x

2 Likes

Hi @Hannah84. You do have a lot going on and definitely need some answers. I understand that you will be feeling anxious right now. This forum is a great place to share how you feel. Not long now before you see the neurologist, please let us know how you get on. Take care for now.

1 Like