Travelling with Rebif

I wonder if anyone can please help me as I am having trouble accessing a cool bag to travel with abroad!! I am currently administering Rebif injections three times a week and am due to travel at the end of the month for a week. I will therefore need to take 3 injection pens with me but the cool bag provided by BUPA, though sturdy, will only hold two pens! Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?

Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from anyone that can help :slight_smile:

Hi Aras

According to the Rebif website, you can keep it out of the fridge for up to a month, providing it’s kept below 70C.

Just don’t put it back in the fridge and then take it out again for any length of time.

I’ve taken mine on a 2 week holiday and not refridgerated it at all. I just keep it in a cupboard or drawer that’s out of direct sunlight.

Most of all, have a fab holiday! :slight_smile:

Shuffler

Sorry, that shoul be 77F not C.

Bit of a difference!! Oops!

As a possible aside, but as a solution nevertheless…

Stop using Rebif and start taking Tecfidera.

Just a thought.

Hmm. We appear to be on the same drug, but different systems - I use a RebiSmart injector thingie, and not pens. The cool bag that came with mine is plenty big enough for a couple of week’s worth of gubbins, needles, spare batteries etc. in with the machine, along with cool packs… and if all else fails, how will you be travelling? if there are facilities on the plane/boat/train they’d probably be quite OK about letting you store stuff in the fridge for as long as it takes; especially if you can present a letter from your doctor/MS Nurse explaining what the stuff is and how it should be kept, too. It’ll be right… and have a good hol!

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to me, I have some food for thought!! :slight_smile: