Forum

Totally came out wrong!!!

Oh, geez!! As per usual, I put my foot in my mouth today.  I wanted to say ONE thing, but it came out as something completely different!! I feel SO stupid, and I think I really offended someone.  I did say afterward "I'm sorry .... please don't take that the wrong way.  That's not what I meant!" -- but it was too late.  The damage had been done and I couldn't take it back. 

GEEZ!!! This always seems to happen at just the wrong moment.  I do this ALLLL the time -- I know what I want to say in my head, but the words get all mixed up between my brain and my mouth.  The look on the person's face said it all, and now I feel really dumb.  I considered emailing them to clarify, but that would just make the situation worse I suspect. 

Stupid! Stupid! I don't know whether I want to laugh or cry.  I'm sure that this is something that everybody does, MS or not.  I just seem to do it more often than not... scared2

Hi Heather, I am sure if you explain it will be ok. Ms has a lot to answer for like it is keeping me awake at this time in the morning!!! My brain thinks one thing but the words that come out are totally different it can be so embarrassing. Take care. Karenx

Hi Heather,

Ditto to what Karen has said.

I can't always do it, but generally speaking I try to laugh my shennanigans off whenever I can. It just helps to take the edge off it a little bit.

Whatever else happens though, don't beat yourself up about it, it's not something you have any control over. We don't ask for ms or any other illness, it just happens.  

Take care of you

Debbie xx