Toe curling

Hi

Does anyone suffer from toe curling and have you found anything to prevent it?

My right toe curls downwards and is painful to walk.

Fiona

Hi Fiona I had this problem on my left foot ie all the three middle toes were curling under so I went to the podiatrist and they made a support which stops them doing that I cannot walk without it now, It was about 2 years ago they made it and they have had to remake it a couple of times due to it wearing down

Hope this helps

Chris

Who referred you Chris?

Hi Fiona.

I get this, but all toes, my doctor describes this as primitive reflex, its what causes babies toes curl under before they start to walk, at that point, it stops happing, because their brain is being trained to walk, without the necessity to cling onto maybe a branch or similar, (ie primitive reflex).

Therefore because of MS we start to loose that control, and primitive reflex, starts to take over again.

Hope this is of help.

Take care.

Chris R.

I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).

I know its going to be a bad day when I get out of bed and miss the floor, today is such a day.

[quote=bobbob]

Hi Fiona I had this problem on my left foot ie all the three middle toes were curling under so I went to the podiatrist and they made a support which stops them doing that I cannot walk without it now, It was about 2 years ago they made it and they have had to remake it a couple of times due to it wearing down

Hope this helps

Chris

Who referred you Chris?

Hi Fiona,

I suffer from this and went to my GP and he referred me to the podiatry dept at the local hospital (I saw the GP in August and my appointment is this Friday so it has taken ages) I’m really hoping they can sort me out as my balance and walking are bad enough without my toes playing up as well!

Chris

[quote=“Floopy”]

Hi Fiona,

I suffer from this and went to my GP and he referred me to the podiatry dept at the local hospital (I saw the GP in August and my appointment is this Friday so it has taken ages) I’m really hoping they can sort me out as my balance and walking are bad enough without my toes playing up as well!

Chris

[/quote] Ditto Chris.It’s gone on for so long for me now that i need to get it sorted.

Hi Fiona,

I suffer from this from time to time on my right foot my MS yoga teacher was telling me about these things called yoga toes you can buy them from ebay or amazon there like a soft rubber that you can wear in bed or when your sitting around home they sit round your toes you put each toe throught the space and it stretches and eases out our toes I wear it some nights when I feel my toes are cruling up and making it hard to walk I might have to do it every night or I may not have to do it for weeks.

There not cheap JML makes something like it to there a lot cheaper but I found them not as comfy and they come of when your asleep.

Mark x

[quote=“Markolad”]

Hi Fiona,

I suffer from this from time to time on my right foot my MS yoga teacher was telling me about these things called yoga toes you can buy them from ebay or amazon there like a soft rubber that you can wear in bed or when your sitting around home they sit round your toes you put each toe throught the space and it stretches and eases out our toes I wear it some nights when I feel my toes are cruling up and making it hard to walk I might have to do it every night or I may not have to do it for weeks.

There not cheap JML makes something like it to there a lot cheaper but I found them not as comfy and they come of when your asleep.

Mark x

[/quote] Thanks hun x

Hi,

Was searching forum for any info on toe curling as I have this too periodically. Get it in both feet with 3 middle toes affected. Then really painful to walk as you’re walking on bent toes. Just nice to hear others have same problem (I don’t mean it’s nice but you know what I mean, I’m not alone). I’ll look out the support thing I got from Podiatrist.

Keep on truckin’ folks,

Irene x

I get this and was recently seen by the hospital Multi-Disciplinary Rehab Team.I am on the waiting list for botox now to see if that’ll help.

I was referred by my MS nurse and although I waited over six months it was worth it and they were very helpful.There was a consultant,physio and OT there. It might be worth asking your MS nurse to referred you if she can,hope something works for you,good luck,xxjo

You might also find physio helpful.

Your GP or MS nurse can refer you.