This poor guy is terribly upset

I’ve never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what could be a crucial decision.

I’ve suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs…phone rings, but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently, although when I ask their names she always says, “Just some friends from work, you don’t know them.”

I sometimes stay awake to look out for her cab coming home, but she always comes walking up the drive as I hear the sound of a car leaving, around the corner, as if she has gotten out and walked the rest of the way. Why? Maybe she wasn’t in a taxi at all?

I once picked up her phone, just to see what time it was. This caused her to go completely berserk. She quickly snatched the phone out of my hand and cursed me hysterically, screaming that I should never touch her personal property, then accused me of trying to spy on her.

Anyway, I have never broached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn’t want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the street around the corner when she came home. It was at that moment, crouching behind my bike that I noticed a small amount of oil leaking from the Primary. So…is this something I can easily repair myself or do you think I should take it back to the dealer?

There’s a bloke who knows his priorities

Wb

I definietly think he should take it back to the garage…oh wait…I get it!

As someone who just went to start their bike…and then turn it off again as I haven’t got it in me today, that made me chuckle.

Thanks Woblyboy

Lol! …from a woman whose husband is in the garage as we speak playing with his old XR3i!

That’ll nearly be a Modern Classic.The car not him,unless…

Wb x

What about a Fiat Uno Turbo? You could wheel spin them changing down from 4th to 3rd. Probably not a classic though… always breaking down!!!

That’ll be a rare car,all Italian gear is allergic to the rain and inconsiderate people using the electrics. I know, I had three Alfa Suds 30 odd years ago.The last one,a 1500 with twin, twin Delortos would have beaten the Uno down the lanes

Wb x

I dont know about modern classic but ‘male having mid-life crisis’ comes to mind… he had a ford capri before the XR3i! He’s trying to relive his youth! ha ha ha! Boys and their toys! Teresa.x

My crisis involves powerchairs.I’m getting a Quickie Jive M,the 8MPH road legal version…So number plate on and “traffic here I come”. £7,000 or £49 a week,and will be known as the Veyron.

Wb x

Hey woblyboy, I replied early this afternoon, but it is stil being approved by the moderators, so apologies if it appears a bit insensitive when it arrives after the above comments :slight_smile:

OK Traitsy,I’ll bear that in mind,but I doubt there’s much you can say that will bother me…Many have tried

Wb x

It’s just me banging on about not being able to ride my motorbike today cos I was feeling too tired, when in reality I should be thankful that I can ride it full stop :slight_smile:

I get that…I’m not happy that I can’t use my big mobility scooter and now use a powerchair.I’ve got another coming through Motability,8MPH road legal.£7,000 off the shelf for the base model.£49 a week to me,so they’re just keeping some of the money they give me.

Me and the ‘Veyron’ will have some fun…Tuesday will be a good day,so plan ahead for whizzing

Wb x

I just googled it, looks like an impressive bit of kit, and far comfier than my bike (which is on the market anyway because my body doesn’t appreciate the riding position anymore!) Enjoy the ‘Veyron’ woblyboy :slight_smile:

I’m going to try,but my impression of the demonstrator I played on is that it is over complicated even for a 14 year old computer geek,so what chance has a 49 year old Luddite?It’ll be set up for 8MPH road use and 2MPH Sainsbury use and the other five profile settings are not my concern.

You getting a more comfortable bike,or a Quad or a ???

Wb

Sounds like a plan. I pretty much exercise that theory for most things in my life! I think I’m going to get something comfier. Started the bike up today to take a gentle jaunt to my local dealer to try out a bike I have in mind, but between starting it and getting my gear on, my legs gave way, which has never happened so quickly before, so that was that. Part of me thinks its daft having something sitting in the shed that I can only ride occasionally, but I’m not quite ready to call it a day yet :slight_smile:

Even if you use it very seldom,can you imagine perfect weather you’re in good nick,but no bike.I reckon if you can afford it you should have a little something in the shed,for the pleasure of riding and to keep your sanity.I’ve got an air rifle that I’ve never used outside,but if the oppurtunity ever arises it’s there. I’ve lost enough,but that’s one thing I ain’t giving up hope of using, and it is good at making holes in one of the kitchen unit doors

Wb x

That’s my thinking too, I might even let my dad borrow it from time to time, that way it’s going to get some regular use of sorts! I think I might lock my tools away and just carry an air rifle, can’t believe I’ve been lugging a bootfull around when I only need one ‘multi tool’ lol :smiley:

Traits,I like your thoughts on your Dad using the bike.That surely makes him responsible for MOT,maintenance,tax,washing and polishing…Good plan.

Nice to have access to a rifle at all times,but it’s not suitable for all jobs.I understand lugging half of Halfords around,and even now there is a very select tool kit on ‘Davros’,who is my own powerchair and in constant use if I’m not in bed.I feel naked without a small selection of tools…That doesn’t sound quite rightt

<(L)>

I was brushing my teeth when I read that last sentence - toothpaste everywhere! My motorbike has room for a solitary Allen key. I have yet to have a problem that can be fixed by Allen key alone. I’ve found lots of uses around the house for it and have now misplaced it. You know what’ll happen, I’ll break down, and if only I had…

A roll of insulation tape and a Leatherman multi-tool thing