The next 48 hours🙏🏻

Hey guys,

Following on from my last post after my gp brushing off my symptoms (tremors and tingling) as anxiety I spent the day in A&E.

Left arm was tingling and burning since this morning to the point it was noticeable even when I managed to take my mind off it. Went to the urgent care centre, did some obs and then sent me to another hospital as they suspected maybe a mini stroke (ruled out thankfully) due to the amount of time it’d been.

Had bloods done and they’re all fine. Spoke to the emergency doctor and expressed my concerns about MS. He got me to squeeze his hands etc and I haven’t lost any strength. He asked if there’s any history of ms in my family as I’m only 22 so I told him that I’m unsure as I know none of my mothers side.

After 8 hours in total waiting he sent me home and he’s referred me to emergency neurology who will see me within the next 48 hours. I know I can’t complain at all as I know some people have to wait months and months to see a neurologist for a scan so I feel silly but ugh I just feel so on edge. I hate the hanging in the balance feeling - I’m like 70/30 about whether I have it or not, sadly 70 being that I do.

I’m scared, I’m frustrated, I’m lost. I just wanna know for sure - as I said I know I can’t complain really as some people wait years not knowing for sure but idk. Feeling pretty broken.

Any advice or anyone else in a similar situation who wants to chat and support one another through this greatly appreciated :two_hearts::pensive:

2 Likes

Hi Ali232

Tingling/Burning was the first symptom that set me on the path towards an MS diagnosis; I’m glad the A&E Dr took note of your concerns, and that you have a referral in the pipeline. Let the Neurologist do their thing/tests - they will be best placed to help you find out what is going on.

I know it can be scary, especially if you google MS - the worst case scenarios are always at the top of the google list.

I was diagnosed in December 2022 after 9 years of testing and annual reviews with the Neurologist. For me, the symptoms are annoying (the tingling/burning for which I have medication, L’Hermittes (zapping myself if I curl up/tuck my chin to my chest); balance issues and fatigue) but don’t stop me getting on with life - yes, I have to take things a bit easier, but I still do Taekwon’do; gardening; working full time etc.

Hang in there and take it one step/day at a time.