Could you spare a minute to help out the Society’s Campaigns Team?
The MS Society is submitting evidence to a commissioning group on the value of functional electrical stimulation (FES) and other treatments/walking aids for dropped foot. We would like to hear about your experiences of FES and how it has improved your quality of life.
If you have you been able to access FES:
- What do you feel are the advantages and disadvantages of FES?
- What benefits do you feel FES brings you over other treatments you have used i.e. physiotherapy, orthotics like splints or braces
If you haven’t managed to access FES:
- What treatment e.g. physiotherapy, orthotics (sprints, braces), are you currently using for dropped foot?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the treatment you are currently using or have used for dropped foot?
- Have these treatments met your needs and how do you think FES will meet your needs?
- What is your preferred choice of treatment for dropped foot?