Anyone had FED treatment? Experiences please :)

Hi everyone I am looking for some advice, today I had a check up with my physio and she advised now may be the time for me to try FES treatment as I suffer really bad with drop foot and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better. She advised me to have a read up on treatment and give her a call if I would like to get started on the treatment. So I am wondering if anyone on here as tried it and what is your experiences of the treatment? I appreciate everyone is different but would like to gain a better understanding of how the treatment works. Thanks Polly x

Have a look at this thread

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/forum/everyday-living/tell-us-your-experiences-functional-electrical-stimulation-fes

which gives lots of info. If you put FES into the search box you’ll get this thread and many others.

Thank you! I will have a look now :slight_smile: Polly x

Hi, I have foot drop and have always used a foot up lift split, last year I tried the FES machine and it does actually lift your foot for you, the problem I found was all all the wires, and sometimes they would pull out and stop working, I found myself feeling quite vulnerable when this happened, as I lost my confidence walking with it, I also found I was increasing the charge as my body was getting used to it. The feeling is horrible as you are giving yourself electric shocks every time you step, ultimately I stopped using it and went back to my splint. Yeah I’m not walking so great, but I have the confidence in the splint. It’s whatever works for you, give it a try, see how you get on xx