Just looking for some advice/ opinions. Here is my story,
- When I was 16 - pins and needles in my feet and hands - lasted 2 months
- I went to the neurologist at the time and had VEPs done, these must have come back normal as I was discharged from hospital with no further investigations.
- No health problems until now (age 27)
- Since Oct 2015 - Started off with a slight headache, pins and needles in all limbs, feeling of weakness in my left leg and arm, although still able to walk fine. I also feel like I have a lot of stiffness/ soreness in my left leg.
- Getting tingling in my left foot when I bend my neck forward
- Blood tests all fine.
I have seen a Consultant neurologist, who is an MS specialist, he took a medical history, carried out a neuro exam and said that I should not be worried about MS, but ordered an MRI scan anyway.
In Dec, I had an MRI scan (without contrast) of my brain and full spine. Got a letter saying that the scan was entirely normal and the neurologist does not want to see me again.
I am now at a loss at what to do, as I have had these symptoms before and they don’t seem to be going away this time. Do you think I should push for further tests (LP, EPs), or leave it until something else arises (if it ever does)? What is the likelihood of having a clear MRI 11 years after first symptoms if it is MS?