Forum

Strangest feeling

Has anyone felt this before I’m Newley dx and tonight I was sitting down and I’ve got the strangest feeling across the top of my ribs and around the same area of my back it’s not a terrible pain but it’s not making me feel good can anyone relate to this plz

Yes I get this sometimes. I don’t have a diagnosis of MS but I do have RA and I believe this is what is known as Costochondritis? People with Fibromyagia get this often too but I don’t have Fibro. I am currently on here for other neuro symptoms that don’t fit with RA but may with MS.

Hi Jen no it feels like a tight pain Mazx

Hi I have RA and had a similar sensation before going back on steroids. I ended up being rushed into hospital with a suspect heart attack. The doctor explained that it was most probably a combination of a new drug I was trying for Restless Leg Syndrome (to try and address the crawling and buzzing numbness sensation in my feet and legs) and Costrochondrits (in my case due to RA inflaming my ribs). This is usually benign and co-exists with Fibro, RA and sometimes with other autoimmune conditions such as MS I believe?

Ps oops see I’ve repeated myself - sorry - comes of brain fog and using little iPhone!

Pps phone the out of hours doctor just in case its something serious - shouldn’t take chances with chest pain and tightness.

Is it like a belt tightening around you? Could be the hug, I get this sometimes and it usually passes after a day or 2. BUT , I agree with MAT50 - chest pain should be checked out ASAP so please call the out of hours dr just to be on the safe side.

Is it like a belt tightening around you? Could be the hug, I get this sometimes and it usually passes after a day or 2. BUT , I agree with MAT50 - chest pain should be checked out ASAP so please call the out of hours dr just to be on the safe side.