strange!

Hi all

I hope today is a good day for everyone, well as good as it can be I mean.

I normally get vibrating feeling in my legs when I am in bed, but for the last couple of days, I have had this in my right bum cheek! Feels like I am sat on a mobile phone!

its not painful as such, just really annoying, and I just wondered if anyone has encountered this before, or is it just me.

Pam x

Pam that sounds quite odd. A bit like that Renault advert from a few years ago-ā€œshaking that assā€. I can well imagine it being irritating. It could be a visiting symptom. I get the odd sorts of shakes, numbness etc which hand around for a few weeks then disappear. Hope yours is one of these,

Best wishes, Steve.

In recent times, Iā€™ve occasionally had an almost painful, burning sensation in my ankle, just when lying in bed, which is weird, and very annoying when trying to sleep. Itā€™s like a nerve is raging. What I found is that rubbing on a natural muscle rub (by Badger Balm, it has ginger and cayenne in it) makes it disappear immediately. But Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d want to rub it on a whole buttock, so this might not be a helpful suggestion. I have had this weird vibration thing in both legs when going to bed, just a couple of times, but it disappeared again. I hope your symptom is also temporary.

Best wishes

Hi Steve

Yeah, I agree it does sound odd, but it feels the same sort of vibration that I get in my legs, just hope it de ides to go away soon.

I have a pressure cushion on my power chair, so I canā€™t think its that. Just one of the many strange symptoms that ms brings.

Pam x

Hi Lapwing

Thanks for responding, although the vibrating is annoying when trying to sleep, the last couple of days I have found quite frustrating, and will be glad when it goes.

Take care

Pam x

I have had this in my chest it feels really odd, as you say not painful just unsettling and slightly annoying after a while. Hope you get relief from it soon.

Jan x

Hi Jan

Yes, it does feel strange, but annoying, so I am sat on one cheek at the moment, not very comfortable, so I am off to bed.

Hey ho, tomorrow is another day.

Pam x

Over the years I have had so many things come and go I hope it decides it has given you enough trouble and goes away

Don

Hi Pam. Is it anything like when you get like a fluttery feeling? I get that on my face at times and it feel like my eyelid is vibrating. I imagine itā€™s one of those silly nerve symptoms, a form of paresthesia. I hope it settles down for you. Just think though, many people pay a lot of money for machines that make their muscles vibrate to tone up. You might have a very impressive rear by the time it settles down. MS may have some benefits!

Take care.

Cath x

1 Like

Hi Pam,

Sounds nasty, I hope it is one of those things that pass!

take care of yourself,

love Nina x

1 Like

Thanks Don, hope all is well for you.

Pam x

Hi Catch

I must admit whilst it is really annoying, I did chuckle to myself thinking some people would pay money for this!

I had a better night so am hopeful today will be better. Hope all is OK for you.

Pam x

1 Like

Sorry, should say Cath, stupid tremor.

PaM x

1 Like

Thanks Nina, I am sure it will. Hope you are OK.

Pam x

1 Like

Hi Pam, Like you Iā€™ve got the vibrating phone in my legs and have had for a few yearsā€¦ and sometimes it spreads up to nether regions (not fun at all) and even up my torso and sometimes on my faceā€¦ but those ones are temporary.

Although the legs are 24/7 it varies in intensity. Itā€™s a bit of a warning really. If itā€™s bad when I wake up I know itā€™s going to be ā€˜one of those daysā€™.

Actually when I had a dx of ME I put ā€˜vibrations in legsā€™ in google (I know I know) and sure enough got MS links.

I notice a lot of people call it ā€˜buzzingā€™ (and perhaps theirs is a different sensation) as ā€˜vibrationā€™ is a much better description.

Hope yours goes soonā€¦ I have a feeling it will.

Pat xx

1 Like

Thanks Pat, although I have vibrating in my legs in bed, never had it in my bum cheek before.

Today it has been on and off, which I take as a positive, cos it has been all day before.

Hope all is well for you, Spring is just around the corner, snowdrops are out and bulbs pushing up through the soil.

Pam x

2 Likes