Spine MRI today

So after almost 5 months I am having an upper spine MRI. I’m a little nervous as I have constant pain in my neck, shoulders and upper back, as well as the hand, arm and foot cramps. The neurologist said he hopes it’s not inflammation on the spine and also said it could be something to do with the COVID jab??? Funnily enough everything started 4 days after my jab, could be coincidence??? Anyway In a way I hope they do find something so I can finally have a diagnosis but if not I’m still in this land of limbo that so many are living in. So I’ll just try and relax for the rest of the day, 2 days off work in this beautiful but hot UK weather.

Are you nervous about getting the MRi or getting the results?

Hope you get some answers. Limbo land is so difficult.

Hiya. I was nervous about both. I actually fell asleep during the MRI but I put that down to the day I had, it’s been so hot here and I had been up early.
I am worried about the results as I have had problems with my neck, shoulders and upper back since all the symptoms started.
To make matters worse I got a copy of the letter from the 10 minute consultation I had previously with the neurologist and he’s put in it that I am not at all tired ??? :flushed:. I can’t wait to see him face to face as I feel I didn’t have the opportunity to tell him all my symptoms, it would have taken a lot longer than 10 minutes.
Anyway waiting again now for some results xxx

How long did it take to get your results? Mine was last Friday and I’m freaking out waiting for my results

I’ve still not had any results. They did say it could take 2 weeks to be sent back to the neurologist. Hopefully next week I’ll hear something. Just want to know now, I’m trying to take my mind off it and keep thinking that no news is good news. Fingers crossed. Hope you get yours back soon :blush:

With neurologists, no news is just simply no news … too many patients, not enough time. Not good for patients anxiety levels though.

Hope neither of you have to wait too long.

1 Like

Had a call this morning and an appointment next week. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

I’ve still not heard a thing. Maybe I’ll call the neurologist secretary and see if anything back yet?? :crossed_fingers: good luck with your appointment

Quick update! Rang the neurologist secretary and my scan is in but my bloody neurologist is off til the end of August :woman_facepalming:t2: Gather I will just have a little bit longer to wait but I just hope I don’t get a fob off letter when he’s back. I have still got the symptoms and meds now been increased 3 times so there’s something wrong??? I’ll plod on :woman_shrugging:t2:

Fingers crossed for you :see_no_evil: