Somewhere to live ASAP

Thanks for all the advice etc folks nice to know people care, have an appt with housing officer tomorrow so am hopibg they can sort something, am trying to stay positive for now.

1 Like

oh that sounds hopefulā€¦and look how many folk here are behind youā€¦spurring you onā€¦fingers crossed you will have good news for us later todayā€¦

pollx

good luck for your appt tomorrow hope they can sort you out .let us know how you get on.

J x

Sorry I thought you were seeing the council todayā€¦Iā€™m rushing ahead for you!

Till tomorrow then!

Pollx

So just to update you all went to give landlady a weeks rent earlier ( a day early ) and told nit to bother she wants me out tomorrow! ! Am so upset right now cant tell you however am going to my mums for a few days thank god and will hopefulky get a result with council tomorrow :frowning: i have zero fight left in me to be honest :frowning:

She MUST be acting illegally!

But turfing you out at a days notice shows what a heartless cow she is. And who would want a landlady like her?

Good job you have your mum to go to.

But I hope this wonā€™t make the council see your case as non urgent.

Pollx

I know its unbelievable how she is being :frowning:

advise is dont tell the council your at your mums they will say you have accommodation, you have to turn up there with bags and say you need somewhere now and sit in there waiting room not budge as no where to go.

1 Like

Aye donā€™t tell them about your mums or thatā€™ll be it, youā€™ve got your mums to stay at and they wonā€™t rush to help you.

1 Like

At housing office now will update you all later

I expect you will only be offered temporary/emergency accommodation in a menā€™s shelter for now. However, donā€™t give in and tell them youā€™ll go to your Mums. Stick with it if you can and have proof of your MS (letter from P or such). The disability may prioritise your case a bit. Good luck.

Iā€™m on Jase, weā€™re all waiting to read how it went.

Pollx

Hi all sorry been resting as today drained me, long story short they are pretty confident they will have a duty of care and will house me / temp accomodation it has go to a panel to be assessed decided but its looking promising am staying with my mum for weekend and resting as this week has really taken it out of me :frowning: but im warm and dry and safe :slight_smile: eill keep you all updated and im very very grateful for all the advice and kindness you have shown it has been amazing thank you all x

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to read this thread Jason, but pleased that things are looking a bit brighter for you.

Very many years ago, long before I had MS, I was served one monthā€™s notice to quit my flat after the landlord had sadly died. I didnā€™t manage to find another affordable place until after the eleventh hour, by which time the uncertainty had almost eaten me away.

Iā€™ve never forgotten.

Canā€™t imagine going through that with MS.

Best of luck

Ben

Hope they find you a place very soon,fingers crossed and take it easy this weekend,please keep us informed.

J x

Hi Jay

That sounds a bit more positive for you.

I know itā€™s hard at the time Jay but your horrible landlord making you homeless forces the Local Authority to rehome you. Keep strong and keep us up to date.

Be thinking of you.

Shazzie x

Thanks for letting us know Jase.

Sorry I nagged you a bit, but I really was concerned for you mate!

Glad you can rest well, with good old mum to look after you, bless her.

pollxx

Thank you all for the lovely posts you are all lovely people and im very grateful and humbled x

You`re welcome lad!

Were one big helpful family here and its heart warming.

pollx

Hi all thought i would post a brief update, mum has been great i have been fed and watered and although i still have this horrid cold am feeling a bit better. I have rested loads and even managed a walk today even though it was very cold lol. Am so grateful to you all for kindness and advice it has warmed my heart and even though i have a big battle ahead i feel somewhat recharged :slight_smile: Thank you again to you all x Jay

2 Likes